Who cares us? eBay customer service refunded buyer because buyer said she did not receive product

I accept the eBay customer support's resolution by refund to buyer when she posted posted a refund request at resolution centre says she did not receive. If what she says is true, it is fair 'cause I could not suit Au Post. What if she is a liar? What if she received the product and wants the money back?

WHO COULD PROTECT US? OR WHO CARES?

Most of my listing products are less than $20 with free postage and all my sellings are posted by ordinary mail without a tracking number 'cause I do not think buyers are willing to pay $15 for a $10 jewelry. I could not provide any tracking number 'cause it is for registered mail only (for example, it costs more than $15 per item to USA).

If buyers are willing to pay $15 postage for $10 jewelry, I would add tracking number for every item.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Who cares us? eBay customer service refunded buyer because buyer said she did not receive product

Why would it cost you $15 for postage? Most of your items would be sent as large letter in a padded bag. If you send via registered mail, which I think is $3.50 (unless it's gone up recently). You get a tracking number with that. Everytime I've received something via registered mail, I've had to sign for it.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Agreed, that postage could cover insurance, so no idea why you aren't protecting yourself OP

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

For ordinary international mail to USA $2.75 for example, AU Post won't provide any tracking number. Only when you do registered mail then there is a tacking number but cost $18 to USA.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

You only need to prove postage of an item as far as I know.

But if it is cost prohibitive for OS sales, sell only within Au.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Correct me if I'm wrong here. I thought that all items that sold internationally & paid via paypal, had to be sent Registered.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

greencat - for US buyers proof of delivery is required.

For Australian buyers, under the ebay money back guarantee policy, that is also going to be the requirement as from the 1st of November

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

horizons - there is no requirement for any item to be sent registered - internationally or locally. It is a sellers choice what postage service they use.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

I sell a few items internationaly even if the sale price is only $5.00 it is still shipped international registered mail, Sold 2 drinking cups last week to Italy sale price I think was $7.99 Registered Post To Italy $25.50. Buyer paid because they wanted them I sent them and I know I am covered I have the receipt and customs copy of contents. Items were under 500 grams in weight.

Crowsman

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

crowsman - even with registered post if they go missing, under the ebay money back guarantee policy, the buyer will get their money back. If they did go missing you would have to lodge a missing parcel claim through Australia Post.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply