Who cares us? eBay customer service refunded buyer because buyer said she did not receive product

I accept the eBay customer support's resolution by refund to buyer when she posted posted a refund request at resolution centre says she did not receive. If what she says is true, it is fair 'cause I could not suit Au Post. What if she is a liar? What if she received the product and wants the money back?

WHO COULD PROTECT US? OR WHO CARES?

Most of my listing products are less than $20 with free postage and all my sellings are posted by ordinary mail without a tracking number 'cause I do not think buyers are willing to pay $15 for a $10 jewelry. I could not provide any tracking number 'cause it is for registered mail only (for example, it costs more than $15 per item to USA).

If buyers are willing to pay $15 postage for $10 jewelry, I would add tracking number for every item.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Who cares us? eBay customer service refunded buyer because buyer said she did not receive product

Thanks jensman. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

So in this case it is not fair for seller, how could buyer prove missing then?What if they received already and ask for refund by lying unreceived? The postage provider should taking responsbility.

I know in China there are over ten private mail companies who are doing pick-up and delivery at very low cost, say $3 dollar per order Some percentage is paid to postman each order to make sure a better service 'cause it is like postman is like sub-contractors (the more they pick up and delivery accurately, the more they could earn).

AU Post is like an oligarchs who monopols Australia industry. "Who cares! we are number 1 and we are the only one"!

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

I would ask your buyer to ring their customs office to see whether their package may have been held there for some reason. I know some countries can be quite slow getting mail through customs. It would be better for them to do it as they speak the language.

I would also mention that you have commenced an investigation here through the mail service and that you will need to pass on their address details to Aust Post so they can investigate. Sometimes items suddenly turn up when they think an investigation is underway. If they have already received the item and are just trying to get their money back, they can worry they will get caught out and will tell you a few days later it has arrived.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

This it true. It happened once I lodged an application to Au Post, the buyer later then said he received it. While I do not think it helps when you lodge an application without a tracking number. Au Post won't look after you 'cause it is a time and effort cosuming process to investigate internatinally for a $10 item. Usually there comes no result after application. What I could do is posting the item then pray.

Instead of investigating for a $10 case cross countries, an official at Au Post rather having a cup of coffee and waiting to go home earlier. No competition, no better service.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

If the parcel was lost by an International Postal service it is up to them to do the investigation - all Australia Post can do is pass on the details to the relevant postal service and leave it up to them to investigate. You can't blame Australia Post when an International parcel goes missing.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

I should have explained myself better. I wasn't saying to actually start an investigation, just tell your buyer that you have, to see whether their item mysteriously turns up. I would get them to contact their customs office though, to see whether it's been delayed there.

If after telling them you have started an investigation and they have agreed to contact customs and they are still saying their item hasn't arrived, they might be telling the truth.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply