Who should take responsibility for items that arrive late/slowly?

Hi guys. I sent off 3 letters around 1.5 weeks ago from NSW to NSW (both metro locations) and the buyer reports they haven't arrived yet.

So...I guess Australia Post hasn't delivered them yet and hopefully they haven't gotten lost.

The buyer has messaged me saying they are upset because they needed them by Friday 13th i.e. yesterday since they're going on a holiday. They then asked me to confirm when the refund was done...

I replied and asked them to mark the envelopes Return to Sender when they did arrive but would give them a refund right now in good faith. Is this the way to go?

I'm also considering giving them a call (since they're not replying much to Ebay messages) and asking if they could RTS after they get back from their trip before I refund them. Hoping to get some advice, thank you 🙂

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I got a message a couple of weeks ago from my German buyer who said after 4 weeks his items hadn't arrived. I did some investigating and learned that you're not meant to send coins to Germany. I sent him a message and said if they hadn't arrived by the next Monday, to let me know and I'd escalate my investigations. I got a message on the Tuesday saying they still weren't there. I mentioned that it's possible they had been siezed at customs, or even just delayed there. I said I was commence investigations from this end, but asked him if he could contact customs in Berlin to see if they had them. As I don't speak German, I thought it would be better that he called them. I also mentioned that I would have to give AP his address and they may need to contact him at some point. 2 days later I got a message saying they had arrived. I don't know if it was coincidence or whether the mention of an investigation scared him. He left me a 2 DSR for postage rates. I would've thought it would've been postage time. Maybe he did, but it only showed up under postage rate.

I sent an international seller a message the other day saying my items hadn't arrived. Postage time was 10-14 days, it had been 4.5 weeks. I kept thinking it would arrive tomorrow, it would arrive tomorrow, it would arrive tomorrow. I sent the message in the morning, went to the PO in the afternoon, and the parcel was there!!! So, sometimes it does happen that way. 

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

@Harley, digital, phorum and clarry

Sorry for the late reply but thanks for the heads up guys. It was really good to get some info from people with more experience with these kinds of matters.

I was a bit stressed over the entire situation so did end up refunding in good faith to get the matter over with quickly. But I will definitely be prepared if this happens again with so many letters 🙂

Thanks again!
Message 12 of 12
Latest reply