Why Bother With Auctiva? Is There Any Advantage?

Spent hours putting together my listings using Auctiva on Monday, had them scheduled to list on eBay Monday evening... none of them listed.

Auctiva responded that they had a power outage and a problem with their ISP and that it all happened so suddenly they couldn't notify anyone on their website.  I had asked for a refund of my monthly fee and they said they "can't" do that.

Is there any point using Auctiva?  Or has eBay improved to a level where it doesn't make a difference now?

The advantages when I signed up were: quicker to list, free scheduling, free/more templates, multple pictures at no charge. Quicker and cheaper.

I am very out-of-the-loop on these things... would very much appreciate your opinions.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

eBay offers free scheduling and free multiple pics and listings that are template free apparently now rank higher in Best Match search results.

So I suppose the only benefit left is the speed of listing and having your listings stored permanently off-site. Is that worth your monthly fee?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks for this!

Wow, need to weigh that up... doesn't look like it.  Might be worth listing a round directly on eBay and see what it's like now. 

I'm thinking of opening a shop in the new year, so I do need to keep the time factor in mind.  Time to experiment Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I subscribe to inkfrog.  It is similar to Auctiva (trialled that too) - but IMO is simpler to use.  The time it saves me in preparing and listing is invaluable. It certainly saves me the 15 bucks I pay for my subscription a month over and over.  Inkfrog, like Auctiva, has glitchy moments and days too, but that is no different than lising from ebay or via turbo lister (lol).

IMO no internet platform is going to run smoothly all the time, and like eBay they will all experience glitches.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks for that.

I'd rather be using TurboLister but I'm on a Mac Smiley Frustrated  Still surprises me that eBay haven't caught up with the times and provided a Mac version...

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Caught up!! ha ha ha, that's a funny one. You say funny saying.

"Padches? We ain't got no padches. We don't need no padches. I don't have to show you any stinking padches".
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

If you have a MAC you can use isale or garage sale, both meant to be OK but I am not a mac user so can't personally recommend.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply