Why are American Embargo laws being put on Australian listings listings sold in Australia?

genrel
Community Member

I don't understand this, I listed an vintage Cigar box (empty) from Cuba, which dates from about the 1960's and which would have been sold in this country. Ebay pulled my listing sighting "Embargoed goods policy" which America has but I doubt Australia has. Why is America (Ebay) forcing their **bleep**py rules on us? 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Why are American Embargo laws being put on Australian listings listings sold in Australia?

1st one on the list for prohibited items on eBay Australia

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/embargoed-goods-prohibited-countri...

You would need to question eBay about it

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

"B" America really is becoming a totalitarian regime.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

There appears to be thousands of listings for Cuban cigar adverts, tins etc, most of them American, so I don't understand it.

Try advertising it as just a cigar box, maybe.

The pics will show it's Cuban.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, I've seen lots of similar boxes up on ebay. I did drop the word Cuba but that doesn't seem to have made any difference. Ebay is just queer and getting queerier. There is NO such Embargo policy in this country so someone is just being "b----y" minded. 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I sell coins and can not list anything under Iran, Cuba or North Korea because of sanctions.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

How about I Ran Quba and Kim answered ?
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply