Why can't you find a way to question eBay about a problem that is their fault?

micstot0
Community Member

Why can't you find a way to question eBay about a problem that is their fault? Unless it's one of  their listed subjects you can go round and round in circles all day trying to find an answer. It usually comes down to ringing them because you can't email them. All I get from ther phone operators (the ones who can speak English) is a lot of platitudes and reassurances - then nothing is done. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PUT MY PROBLEM IN WRITING!!!!!

Just about fed up with eBay - they set the rules but don't comply to their own requirements. My Seller rating is above average, I comply with all their requirements, and I'm STILL waiting up to 21 days to get my payments. Now I sold two items which were sent to the same Buyer IN THE SAME PACKAGE. They have released payment for one of the items but not the other and the Buyer confirms receipt and satisfaction!!!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why can't you find a way to question eBay about a problem that is their fault?

The reason the payment for one is released but not the other is very likely because the buyer paid in two separate transactions. If this occurs then eBay expect them both to be sent separately each with it's own tracking number. If you combine them into a single package then only one qualifies to have tracking. They would have released the payment for this one and not the other.
The reason they are holding your payments is that you are not selling enough items to qualify for instant payments to be released.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Why can't you find a way to question eBay about a problem that is their fault?

Try this - http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/cusr?query=1485

With your scenario I think you will find it is just the automated system kicking in perhaps because your sales have reached a certain amount.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Or a lenghty period since previous sales.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

There are 3 criteria's you need to meet apparently,once you have met them then your funds will be released,or will they?

I know of a few sellers that have met the criteria but their funds are still on hold lol.

Ebay are the ones controling the funds and keeping them on hold for various reasons but ebay still expect you to pay the fees when

they're due and if the fees are high then where the hell are you supposed to get the money to pay them?

Supposedly once everything has gone smoothly,item delivered,buyer gives feedback you still need to wait 3-7 days for your funds.

Regarding your delema with one payment released and the other not,did the buyer pay for them seperately and you sent them together?

Did you add the same tracking to both transactions if this is the case?

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

OP has only had 20 sales which is a problem as it is not enough at this stage for them to have their funds released immediately

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

The reason the payment for one is released but not the other is very likely because the buyer paid in two separate transactions. If this occurs then eBay expect them both to be sent separately each with it's own tracking number. If you combine them into a single package then only one qualifies to have tracking. They would have released the payment for this one and not the other.
The reason they are holding your payments is that you are not selling enough items to qualify for instant payments to be released.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Does anyone know what that milestone number of sales has to be for payments to be released and no longer on hold?

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Not even sure that it's an exact number.

I think paypal just make a judgement at the time that suits them.

If someone has any better info they might come along and correct this.

They did it to us a few years back when we opened up a second new selling ID.

So we asked them to release the funds based on the fact that we already had another selling ID with a good track record.

They refused so I raised a formal complaint with the Financial Ombudsman and within 48-hours they realeased the funds and have never had a single cent held since.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I contacted PayPal and asked some questions regarding this issue and they said that it isn't them that put a hold on the funds for new sellers it is in fact ebay who make that call and it's ebay who tell PayPal when to release funds.

PayPal said they're are more than happy to not hold anyone's funds but they have to hold them on ebay's say so Woman Surprised

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply