Why does <Removed> still have 100% feedback

why does anyone have 100% feedback when he/she retracts bids without permission and against ebay rules, plus ebay will not allow negative feedback to be given to them

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Thanks i thought i must have lost the plot for a while, i couldn't believe anyone Except Ebay would think that it was okay.
Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

@topdog0410 wrote:

sorry but you are wrong. there are rules for retracting bids. You must first seek permission from the seller  which he didn't do. he then gave the reason" punched in wrong amount", which is a valid reason except he was the only bidder and only bid the minimum, the next day he asked if i would post it and i agreed a little bit later his bid was gone

What this scumbag does is bids on items then during the following days checks for the same item on other members sites and if he finds one cheaper he retracts his bid and bids on the cheaper one. That is against ebay and all auction sites in this country and ebay lets him get away with it.  and allows everyone selling on ebay to think that this guy is a good buyer. WHAT A JOKE.

Incorrect.

If that was the case they wouldn't have been able to retract the bid. QED. Which they CAN do any time outside of the last 12 hurs of an auction.

Maybe check out the rules rather making assumptions.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

Maybe you need to check the rules, you can only retract because of a typographical error and if that is not the case you can be held in violation of ebay

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Already done.
Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

@topdog0410 wrote:

sorry but you are wrong. there are rules for retracting bids. You must first seek permission from the seller  which he didn't do. he then gave the reason" punched in wrong amount", which is a valid reason except he was the only bidder and only bid the minimum, the next day he asked if i would post it and i agreed a little bit later his bid was gone

What this scumbag does is bids on items then during the following days checks for the same item on other members sites and if he finds one cheaper he retracts his bid and bids on the cheaper one. That is against ebay and all auction sites in this country and ebay lets him get away with it.  and allows everyone selling on ebay to think that this guy is a good buyer. WHAT A JOKE.

Wrong....the bidder does not need to seek permission from the seller to retract a bid. They can do it all on their own unless it is within 12 hours of the end of the auction.

You have no idea if he bid the wrong amount as you ndo not know what his top amount was....if he was the first/only bidder the bid will stay at the starting price until someone else places a bid.

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

OP said: "punched in wrong amount", which is a valid reason except he was the only bidder and only bid the minimum, the next day he asked if i would post it and i agreed a little bit later his bid was gone

I read the OPs post as there was a single bid from the buyer that was later withdrawn with the reason being wrong amount entered. 

But the buyer did not re-enter another "correct" bid as they are expected to when giving this reason for a bid retraction.

Message 26 of 26
Latest reply