Why has ebay started changing my listings without asking me.

junglegym10
Community Member

I have received 2 messages this week from ebay saying, we have changed your listing now allowing buyers to make offers as this will increase your chances of selling.

No notification prior to modifying the listing just notification they'd already done it.

I then have to go into my ebay and remove the change, returning the listing to the original way  I placed it.

Not happy at all with this interference and sent a message/feedback after the first occasion but 3 days later they changed another listing.

With all the ebay rules and regulations buyers/sellers face these days I found this action to be discourteous ,annoying & borderline impertinent!     

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Why has ebay started changing my listings without asking me.

eBay's been doing it for a while now and even if you remove it they may put it back on your listings.

Some sellers have resorted to having "make an offer" on their listings but putting auto-reject on it a few cents below the listed price.

Another dodgy thing eBay's been doing is putting auto-accept on their "make an offer" of 50% of the listed price, so be wary.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 2
Latest reply