Paypal has extremally poor consumer ratings

Currently I have a problem with Paypal after usin it on Ebay for some 15 years.I have raised the matter with Ebay Australia and awaiting their response.

Paypal has extrenally poor consumer ratings-  about 1 to 2 out 5.

See this> https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.paypal.com

Unfortunately Asian sellers use Paypal. Is tehre another option to send funds without using Paypal? Probably using bank accounts in Australia, but sending funds for transaction abroad is a problem. Any suggestions?

I will keep readers posted about Ebay Australia response to my notice.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

13209 reviews  out of how many100 millions of paypal account holders.    82%  of responders rate bad, go figure

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

And OP has had ONE problem in 15 years. That would definitely rate a 1.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

You can definitely use bank deposit within Australia. You might even get your goods if the seller is honest.

You have NO eBay protection and if the seller isn't a registered Australian business, you have no legal protection either. Go for it.

As far as OS sellers, you could try paying with a credit card. If the seller accepts CCs directly. Which wouldn't be many.

If you are out of time for an eBay dispute, eBay won't help you. If you opened a case in Paypal, the seller only has to prove postage. Which can take a while. COVID-19 might be coming under control in Australia, but even here delivery is slower than 'usual' and from overseas can take months.

Or are you one of those (like POTUS) who thinks COVID is a hoax, or shouldn't affect you.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply