Why is Ebay still allowing concert ticket reselling ????

Hi All,

This is against ebay rules and ticket companys like Ticketmaster and Ticketek also do not allow this practice.

Clearly people are profiting from this but after reporting over 60 diffeent listings myself and talking in person to a supervisor at the ticket agencies the listings are still on Ebay.

Come on ebay are you trying to profit also?

This is clearly an unfair practice as many people who would attend this concert miss out with these robbers profiting.

People buying these tickets have NO payment protection from paypal as clearly paypal only offer 45 days.

These tickets are not available for months in advance with many people being put in the situation where they could be ripped off.

Ebay you need to cancel these auctions and not allow new listings selling concert tickets to be placed on your site.

I will be watching ebay and if nothing is done will take action with Consumer Affairs and other goverment agencies.

Action must be taken now ebay so people are not being ripped off.

Shane

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Why is Ebay still allowing concert ticket reselling ????

I agree!!!
Message 51 of 54
Latest reply

No problem with people reselling tickets, just not at double the price, face value is fair if someone can't go etc.

Rolling Stones tickets on ebay  for $1200 each, it's madness that these scalpers can get away with it, I don't mind missing out on tickets if I'm in a fair queue of genuine fans but to lose out to these people makes my blood boil...it should be illegal end of.

Message 52 of 54
Latest reply

I recently asked ebay's legal team this very question.  They seem to think that their responsibility ends by having a Policy on Resale of Tickets.  In fact it is illegal to resell tickets and ebay know that, that is why you can report tickets listed for resale.  Don't expect the tickets to be removed though.  Ebay unlike Gumtree, aren't very forthcoming in removing tickets illegally listed for sale, but happy to take the proceeds of the sale.  If you are annoyed enough to follow up then please feel free to email REMOVED and ask them why they don't have stricter measures in place to prevent these tickets from being listed in the first place.  The more people that complain, the more hope we have of getting change. 

Message 53 of 54
Latest reply

Resurrection of an old thread again........................pffft.

It was pointed out in the 2nd post of this thread ( on 26-4-2012 ) that it is only illegal to resell concert/event tickets for some venues, otherwise it is perfectly legal....................... 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 54 of 54
Latest reply