Why is it that there is a heap of sellers on this site who sell seeds for rainbow,roses and othes

Why is that I brought it to Ebays attention about fraud going on Ebay where sellers are selling seeds that produce rainbow coloured roses blue roses and black roses rubbish no such thing I found out about it when a friend at work gave me seeds she got off a seller on Ebay  maybe I will get on here and sell magic beans that grow bean stalks to the sky thats how easy people are duped here you should stop this fraud it's wrong.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Why is it that there is a heap of sellers on this site who sell seeds for rainbow,roses and othes

Everyone should do their research. All gardeners know these seeds are fake but by the time you plant and grow them and wait 2 -3 years for them to flower it is way past any time you can complain which is why they can get away with it.

Ebay do not employ gardeners (I assume) so it is not easy to convince them that these are not as described, as well as the sellers who put their own names and fake up pictures to plants that are common to pass them off as 'rare'. People just have to research before buying or take it as a lesson learned.

Latest reply

I think it's mostly the overseas sellers (might be wrong) that offer these seeds because believe me aussie seed sellers like me are watched very very carefully by none other than the Government - I usually put the latin names in my listings because some buyers prefer that as well as the common name - the latin name for carrots - any colour - is 'daucus carota sativus'  . 1 year ago ALL of my carrot listings were pulled because the Government said that daucus etc is a noxious weed - when I finished laughing and shaking my head well!! The aussie government can't stop overseas sellers selling these seeds and that's why they continue to be sold

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you Lilabil Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Someone had a thread about this a few months ago and I think they reported the sellers but it would appear from this thread that didn't really work.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Waste of time as they seem to be "protected".

There was only one listing,now there are 73

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply