Why is my sale not eligible for ebay seller protection?

A buyer bought 4 pairs of shoes from me, I sent them an invoice with combined postage, and they have paid via Paypal, but via that e-cheque thing.

What IS that? Does it just mean they don't have a credit card or bank account linked to their Paypal?

Anyway, so ebay says the money should clear in 3-5 days, and to wait before posting. That's fine, but it also says next to seller protection - not eligible.

Why not? Because of the e-cheque thing? That shouldn't cause ME not to be covered surely! I didn't choose to be paid that way!
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Oops - I just googled and now know an e-cheque is when someone ONLY has a bank account as their payment source. Ok, fine, but I still don't know why this sale is ineligible for seller protection.

It's just 4 pairs of shoes!
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

It's not eligible for protection because the payment hasn't cleared. Once it has cleared, seller protection will be enabled.

eCheques usually occur when the payment is funded from a bank account and the payer hasn't yet proven they are reliable. Or whenever Paypal's bots decide it should be an eCheque, regardless of the fact that the previous 99 transactions using the same source were trouble free.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Thank you so much!!!
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply