Why so complicated to sell

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't sold anything for a while. Just sold a HDD, got notification from Ebay that I had to send it. OK, where do I find the address. Foraged through the rat's maze and eventually got the address.

Used to just go to the PayPal activity and there it was. So packed it up and mailed it. Right, now I've got the tracking number, back to the rat's maze to find where to put that. OK, done. Ignored all the stuff about Sendle and an Ebay number on the address that the post office didn't have a clue about.

I then see that Ebay took $4.00 from the $29 coming to me. Nice, now just wait till Ebay sees fit to pay me.

Gone are the days of a simple interaction with a buyer and PayPal. I'm guessing all in the name of security, something that PayPal did quite nicely with their resolution center.

Supposed to be able to customize that monstrosity of a table when you click on selling/sold. Trouble is you don't know what is in all those  tables so a half hour wading through them and hoping to not cut out something important.

Now it makes me wonder, what would someone new to Ebay do when confronted with this system.

I am not stupid but I think I get it that Ebay  either thinks they are protecting customers or just want a bigger slice of the pie.  Maybe both. If this level of complexity does not deter new customers, especially older ones, I don't know what will. As for that BS with micro deposits....

As I work in IT I can plod on but everything I do in programming revolves around KISS. It looks like that programming rule has been forgotten here

And if you are going to reply with "If you don't like it go somewhere else" please don't bother

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

When I first opted into Seller Hub, it did take me some time to figure out where to find the things I needed to,  eg.  the buyers address.  Hunted around and finally found it.  Then on further sales, I noticed the total amount highlighted in blue.  Bingo!!  Click on that and all the buyers information I needed. 

Springyzone, I for one appreciate your no nonsense comments.  Quite refreshing, and stand out from those who are quite disparaging. 

What others should know is that the new format did not come with a handbook on how to navigate it, and so it opened up a new learning curve.  Obviously fine for those who spend all their time on eBay, and appear to know everything backwards.  I do not consider myself IQ diminished, so until one gets the hang of it, some areas for information can be a bit challenging to find.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you for your kind comments, 5kazam.

I believe you when you say that some information can be challenging to find. Not that I sell myself, so I can't speak from personal experience but I often chat to someone who is a regular seller with a couple of real stores plus an ebay store and I recall him saying a while ago he needed to know something about the buyer but the format had changed, but he finally found where to click.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Nice

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Hey mate, it should be in the email that eBay sends you to let you know something sold.  First place I always look and there it is.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply