Why wont buyers leave feedback?

Hi,

I always leave feedback when buyers pay for the item. When I post the items I always track them to make sure they get delivered. Just recently  the last 4 items I sold in particular  not one of the buyers have left me feedback. Why? Are they lazy or only want to receive and not give back

Does no one give a damn , For me its  courteous to say thanks received item.....

Should I send a message and say Hey saw the item was delievered hope your happy? Please leave feedback or should I forget about it and come to realisation no one has manners anymore

Its probably no one has manners -

Is everyone  looking for a cheap bargain for example

I had an item for sale last week 79.90 Buy It Now + 8.60 postage.

I received a msg will you accept $50. I answered No.

The next msg was whats your best price which I replied $79.90 + postage & I dont have make an offer on the item

Next msg was would your accept $65  - so I answered I would meet them half way $72 + 8.60 postage

Next msg $72 with free postage - I ended  the item - this person drove me to the edge, Im all for fair offers but some are ridiculous. Thanks to that buyer  I am having a total break from selling I have ended all my items

Ebay selling is perhaps not for me anymore,  I will continue to buy and leave feedback for the sellers. 

Message 1 of 56
Latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Why wont buyers leave feedback?

Hi. I haven't read all of the replies (after it somehow drifted into gender politics, which I can get a month's supply of by accidentally watching  'The Drum')  so sorry if any of this has been covered.

First off, quite a lot of customers do leave feedback, but not quickly. I'm guilty of this myself. I know there are some items waiting feedback in my purchase history. I get feedback sometimes many weeks after the buyer received the item. 

All the same lots of people don't bother, and you just have to have a thick skin about it. It's not really rudeness, in the sense that unless they're sellers themselves, they probably see it as more of a courtesy than an expectation or obligation.

I do find that if you have any sort of contact with a buyer - even if it's just a note thanking them and letting them know the item has shipped - it increases the chance of  feedback. Don't ask me by how much; I haven't measured it.

Message 51 of 56
Latest reply

Everyone has 60 days to leave feedback or not leave feedback

Message 52 of 56
Latest reply

...5 years later.  I find it quite bizarre that buyers dont leave feedback, yet have nothing to complain about their item. Seems that many have this weird thing that the seller has to leave feedback first. The buyer can leave feedback  based on quality/time taken to deliver etc/packaging and more. All the seller can leave fb for, is...pressing a button. Some typical sarcastic/argumentative/cynical/grouchy responses to your question, some contradicting themselves. Bottom line - there is no reason to not leave feedback for the seller, unless you want to leave a negative or neutral.

Message 53 of 56
Latest reply

Feedback is voluntary, that much hasn't changed.

And I don't think human nature will change either.

Sure, there's no real reason why a buyer could not leave feedback when things have gone well, but lots of people just can't be bothered.

There are a lot of people who will only get fired up if something goes wrong.

I usedd to sell and I think, from memory, only about half the buyers left feedback. Maybe slightly more but certainly not everyone. No use worrying about it, it is what it is. There will always be some who do give feedback. Once you get over a certain number, then it isn't as important as by then you've built up a bit of a track record.

Message 54 of 56
Latest reply

@blancoseuropa wrote:

...5 years later.  I find it quite bizarre that buyers dont leave feedback, yet have nothing to complain about their item. Seems that many have this weird thing that the seller has to leave feedback first. The buyer can leave feedback  based on quality/time taken to deliver etc/packaging and more. All the seller can leave fb for, is...pressing a button. Some typical sarcastic/argumentative/cynical/grouchy responses to your question, some contradicting themselves. Bottom line - there is no reason to not leave feedback for the seller, unless you want to leave a negative or neutral.

Your are 5 years late to the party.

But the best feedback I get is when they hand the dollars over in my account.    All the rest is just words to make yourself feel good, or get stressed about if its red in colour.

If you are only here for feedback,  forget it,  I want the dollars.

Message 55 of 56
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 56 of 56
Latest reply