Will I be punished for refusing pick up?

minimim
Community Member

I recently sold an item through auction. The winning bidder asked me questions throughout the auction with no problems.

However, after the auction ended the buyer contacted me asking to pay cash on pick up. 

I told the buyer that I can not offer pick up but if they wanted to, they can come and pick it up from me.

The buyer then responded that they refuse to pay the shipping charge, and that local pick up was never specified. 

I never specified pick up was available at all.

I proceeded to tell the buyer that I will refund the shipping difference and received a response saying that they have contacted ebay.

Can ebay do anything in regards to suspending my account, etc?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

cq_tech
Community Member
Unless you intended making a profit on the postage component, I don't understand why you won't allow pick-up with the postage component deducted.
Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

The buyer wanted to arrange pickup at a mutual point. The buyer is about 65km from me so it would involve me driving past the cbd.

I'm working most days and dont have my own car, so I informed the buyer that I could arrange pick up if he were willing to travel to the south-east region (where I am located). It was after I told him this that he contacted ebay and argued that local pick up was not specified.

I charged 50$ for shipping to cover shipping to another state and I was unsure what the exact total would be. I always refund the shipping difference, so I don't make any profit on that.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply