Will I still have to ship....?

Had a recent sale of three cushion covers, but when I went to look at the buyers feedback for others there are quite a few red dots.

I'm looking to cancel the sale as I do not feel this will be a great transaction and I will choose "problem with buyers address/other" as my reason to avoid a random negative.

I think that there is a message from Ebay for the buyer to CONFIRM the cancellation - what happens if the buyer refuses this? Will I still have to ship?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

You can't cancel without refunding, and the buyer is only asked to confirm if they received a refund or not, so if you cancel you won't be obliged to ship. I don't know what happens if the buyer says 'no', though I presume FVF aren't credited in that case, and unfortunately the buyer can stil leave ffedback.  

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

jellybird, 

shame to see sellers so intimadated by buyer's f/back left for others.

What was the main content of them in this case? Nit picking, not received, late postage...?

Just ignore it and post anyway and if they do the same to you - you can always deal with it then - depending what they say.

Or, ring Ebay, (you can't say there is a problem with the buyer's address as that would be lying and buyer will almost crtainly never agree to cancell the sale) and tell them the EXACT reason you don't want to deal with this buyer, they leave too many negs and you don't wish to jeopardize your reputation in dealing with a person like that.

They either have too many problems with buying on Ebay - in which case they should stop - or they do it out of malice, because they can.

Let Ebay advise you what to do with a carp customer like that!

Best of luck sweetie.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

I have followed this buyer, so if anyone cares to look at who I'm following and add them to your party list, go ahead.

Judge the feedback for yourselves.

I am following 2 Ebay ID's - the one to be concerned about is the "frustrated" one.

The other one is fine.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

I can only see one person you're following. Perhaps you set the second one to private without realising.

If in doubt, don't. As for fixnwear's comment, if you see a trap in front of you, you don't keep walking and step on it. It's wise to avoid trouble where you can.

I'm not sure that buyers actually have to agree to a cancellation these days. I think that only used to be when they hadn't yet paid. I know that if you refund the money the whole thing happens immediately, though you may not be able to relist straight away. Even if they give you a neg, which would you prefer - to give away three items + postage and perhaps get a neg anyway, or to get a neg and keep your money?
Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks Tangledstitches - I sent them off this morning as I wasn't 100% sure that I wouldn't get a neg anyway - the chips will fall where they may. The package has tracking, so they can't claim non-delivery at least!

I see what you're saying about my followers. If you put the following words into one Ebay ID, you'll see it.

total

frustration

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Digi and others....

If Jelly was to cancel and refund because the item was broken, or damaged, which can happen through no one’s fault, does Jelly still earn a demerit?

Im just thinking that if this could be applied without kickback, the buyer is in no position to yay or nay it.

If that could work, you’d certainly be able to explain away any red.

Melina.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Errrr. Sorry Jelly. I wasn’t paying attention to your last post.

it would be good to know though, for future.

i wish you well with this one.

Mel.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks Melina,

I'm sure it will be fine.

If not, I'll wear the neg proudly for 12 months!

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

I think you'll be fine.

A couple of red dots in their fb for others were more than 12 months ago.

And fb is a whopping shooting yellow star - 11650 - and not one sale, all buying.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply