Will we ever pay to listing fees again ? :)

Another 10 000 FREE Listings came my way today, valid 9 - 18th December.

I got a total of 20 200 FREE listings in November, and so far I`m up to 15 000 for December.

I`m not complaining though, keep them coming eBay 🙂

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I only got 200 free this time and only on my store id, as I have a job using up my 200 free to start with the only advantage is I can list a few items for auction although none of the ones I did in the last freebie appear to be getting much interest.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

@pickapresent13 wrote:

Another 10 000 FREE Listings came my way today, valid 9 - 18th December.

I got a total of 20 200 FREE listings in November, and so far I`m up to 15 000 for December.

I`m not complaining though, keep them coming eBay 🙂

I got the same amounts.  We must be the lucky ones,eh?

Trouble is,  I have that many to list, but I can't physically get them all up.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Its a free listing bonanza for some thats for sure.  I have got loads too. Very happy indeed. 

Feel for those that haven't been getting the invites as regularly as others though.  

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

It certainly seems to be unfair.

A lot of us seem to get every freebie going, yet others, who list similar numbers and types, never get them.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

The free fixed price listings are of little/no use to us. We have all of our stock listed as GTC. The 80 free each month is pretty much sufficient to keep those alive.

What we want is the free Auction listings. But we have not received the invite for the 200 yet.

We use auctuon listings as a vehicle for people to get into our stores and buy from the GTC listings. That's because auction listings bubble to the top of search results as they near the end.

We have found that, at best, we get about 20% success on auction listings so we rarely ever use them unless they are free.

If we do use them and have to pay $1.50 each then the losses from the unsuccessful ones are not able to be recovered from the profits from the successful ones. In short we would lose.

When we do have free auction listings our overall sales certainly get a boost, not so much from the auctions themselves but more from the GTC listings. It seems to show us that people find more in our shop when we have lots of auctions active. But at $1.50 each when you have to pay its not worth it.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I seem to be getting more than my fair share of the offers on my buying / selling IDs, and really, I'm using such a small percentage of them I would probably have little to complain about if I weren't getting them. I am building up my stock, but everything is listed GTC in the store, and I can't be bothered listing for 30 days (or ending before they tick over) to relist for free during promos, so eventually I'll be paying listing fees for them as they're multi-quantity (most of which I intend to keep around for a while). 

I don't get why they can't be given to all members, what logical reason could there be for not extending listing offers to everyone who is allowed to list on site. (Rhetorical question Smiley Very Happy ).

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

It appears ebay's formula for invites involves bits of paper and a hat.

It is ridiculous to give 22,000 free listings in a month to some and none to others

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

i only got 40 free listingsSmiley Sad

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I thought there formula for the invites might be those that do use a good amount of the FREE offers, get the next offer as eBay know they are going to use at least some of them. I generally use about 200 - 300 each time, but its only to list the stock that isn`t worth paying the 20 cents to list, cause very few of them sell. I might list 200 of those items, and 3 or 4 will sell. Pain in the butt listing them, but when the 30 days is up I leave them sitting in the unsold items until more FREE listings come around, then re-list them.

Interesting to see after Xmas when things are quiet, if they will still try to entice people to list by offering the frrebies

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply