Worldwide Advertising

Dear fellow eBayers I have a question for you:

Let's suppose you find that a specific item you are selling is in high demand in a specific country.

Your next step is to find ways of advertising your item in that country.

Unfortunately you find out that all the ad services in that country only allow ads to be posted IF you are located in that same country.

With advertising in mind how do you proceed?

How do you manage to reach specific potential customers in specific countries?

Much obliged in advance for all your insights.

All the best.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Worldwide Advertising

Why not do some research on Google Ads?

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Worldwide Advertising

Thank you for your reply, digupatin.
It really didn't cross my mind to find any "illegal" ways" to reach my goal.
The internet is huge. I just have to kind looking for the right sites that would work like a "central" for advertising worldwide.
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Worldwide Advertising

Your tagline is something else and it made me laugh. Kudos to you!
As to your question, Facebook and I don't go along too well. I don't even have an account there. But that would be an idea. Thank you for your reply, dear phorum_junkie.
Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Worldwide Advertising

Actually even yesterday I started a blog where I put a snippet linked to my ebay items. Thank you very much for taking time to answer me, repoohsj52.
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Worldwide Advertising

The country I wanted to target isn't the USA. And I already give US buyers a reason to buy from me: the price. My profit margins are so miserable in most of the items that that is the only way I've found to be able to atract buyers in the US/Canada.
As far as social media is concerned, I already use Tumblr, Pinterest and Twitter with fairly good results in terms of "visitors" at least.
Thank you very much for your answer, dear digital*ghost.
Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Worldwide Advertising

Yes I did that in the past I will insist on that resource again.
Thank you for the reminder and for your answer, dear imastawka.
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Worldwide Advertising

An excellent suggestion to have a website made and make sure it has strong SEO features to get into the Google search results.  There's a bunch of free SEO tools you can run your website through to help you in making it better for Google.

It will take time but you could end up on page one like I am for a bunch of things.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Worldwide Advertising

allfixelectrical
Community Member

You may be able to setup a Google Adwords campaign targeted to a specific country or region.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Worldwide Advertising

@alexis-shop wrote:
The country I wanted to target isn't the USA. And I already give US buyers a reason to buy from me: the price. My profit margins are so miserable in most of the items that that is the only way I've found to be able to atract buyers in the US/Canada.
As far as social media is concerned, I already use Tumblr, Pinterest and Twitter with fairly good results in terms of "visitors" at least.
Thank you very much for your answer, dear digital*ghost.

Sorry, not sure why I assumed you were referring to the US market... but my advice remains the same.

Just to clarify, when I talk about third-party sites, I mean independent ones, like popular blogs that sell advertising space. 

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply