Wow, some buyers just don't understand ebay

Lol, my last buyers feedback was about the movie. Fortunately it was a green dot but when i checked her feedback given quiet a few have gotten a grey dot because she did not like dvd or songs on the cd etc
Would have thought that should have been a good reason for ebay to remove all those grey dots?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Wow, some buyers just don't understand ebay

Never been a fan of Maseratis.

If I had that sort of money to waste it would be on a Ferrari or, maybe, a Lambo.

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

I wouldn't say no to Ferrari or Lamborghini...

.... but isn't this a beautiful machine?

1953 A6GCS Berlinetta

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

just like the world in general, there are every kind of people

from good honest to down right criminal

thus far i have had 99% good honest people but have had a couple of lets say not so honest (or intelligent)

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

It is. I especially love the side-draughts. But nothing like what passes for a Maserati these days. 

If you are going to pay squillions of dollars for a car, something that looks like a Jag with a trident badge doesn't really cut it

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

I had the similar feedback 6 months or so ago. Probably the same buyer.

off topic

You can keep your fancy sports cars, I would rather something nice and comfortable to drive that's understated. Like an Audi, but not the TT, just a normal one. Plus, I'd like to be able to park it, get out, and walk away when I get to my destination.

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

No fun at all.

I could understand an R8. That's a Lambo with a different shell and $100,000 smaller pricetag.

My Brocky wasn't particularly comfortable to drive over bumps in, but it took off like a scalded cat and went round corners like a mini. And I could get out of it after a 15 hour drive and still have a working back, which a lot of allegedly more comfortable cars can't claim.

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

A comfortable ride with good back support is worth more than I can calculate.

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

It is a nice looking car, but looks a bit squishy in the passenger compartment.

Meanwhile, I am thinking of perhaps moving on from my 21 year old Corolla, but maybe not onto the red machine just yet.Smiley Happy

With regard to reviews, I have to be honest and say that sometimes, as a buyer, I do look out for reviews that will mention the quality of the product. I'm with you in that I don't consider a review about the movie itself to be a comment on the quality or otherwise of the DVD.

I am terrifically impressed by you, Countessa. Been meaning to say so for some time. I sit here with my 2 fingered typing skills and bang out replies, but later notice all sorts of typos. Your posts are always perfect. The typing, the spacing, the punctuation. I know from my report proof reading experiences that that is not an easy skill.

And here you are in this thread, with the perfect little red circles and varying fonts to illustrate your point. Work of art.Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

A good typist should be able to do that, but alas, good typists aren't as plentiful as they should be. I used to know whenever I made a typo but that's changed since the introduction of the internet and I often don't know about them until afterwards. I never used to proof read because there was never anything to find, so it's hard to make myself do it now.

In one place I worked the boss tried hard to find a mistake in my work and one time he came to me really happy because he thought he'd found one, but I pointed to the typist's initials on the bottom of the page and he was soooo disappointed to see that they weren't mine.

When I worked at typing court cases I only kept up with the other 100 wpm typists because I had less mistakes to correct than them. I could only do about 80 wpm, perhaps a little more.

Sometimes I get brain fog and I can type all sorts of gobbledegook without knowing it. I'm not as bad as I used to be, thankfully!
Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

Where I worked the opportunity was there to learn to type.  Really, it was a necessity because everything was done on computers. 

My experience has been while nearly everyone could type, the underpinning knowledge of spelling, grammar and punctuation was often lacking.  Also, a reliance on the spellchecker sometimes resulted in unintentionally hilarious changes to a document.  A cavalier attitude that near enough is good enough didn't help either.  Part of my job was fix all the mistakes.  I'd be told the document had been checked and it was 'ready to go'.  They never were. 🙂

Nowadays I am doing battle with a dodgy laptop with keys that stick and others where the slightest pressure means double letters.  It's a challenge - Me vs The Laptop.  I sure wish posters had longer to edit an entry on this forum.

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply