Zebra scanner not scanning the new Express envelope QR codes

Anybody having this issue?

My Zebra scanner scans the old barcode Express envelopes fine.  And the QR codes on the tracked envelopes.  But the new express QR code envelopes it scans it with about 20 surplus digits at the beginning and end of the number.  I've given up and now just type them in manually, which sux.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Perhaps try Zebra's Support Community ?

https://supportcommunity.zebra.com/s/?language=en_US

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

The Australia Post barcode and QR code contains a 64 digit number.

The actual public tracking number begins at position 18 and is 23 digits long including check digits. The first 17 digits (019931265099999891) refers to Australia Posts global logistics number and prefixed on every label.

The last 23 digits comprise the transaction information including the senders MyPost account number if used.

A scanner will return the value of the whole numerical sequence. To strip out the tracking number you need to program the scanner or use a script to extract the middle 23 digits.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@south.coffee wrote:
The Australia Post barcode and QR code contains a 64 digit number.

The actual public tracking number begins at position 18 and is 23 digits long including check digits. The first 17 digits (019931265099999891) refers to Australia Posts global logistics number and prefixed on every label.

The last 23 digits comprise the transaction information including the senders MyPost account number if used.

A scanner will return the value of the whole numerical sequence. To strip out the tracking number you need to program the scanner or use a script to extract the middle 23 digits.

Appreciate the detailed response.  thanks!

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Zebra have a software utility called 123scan for scanner configuration and has the facility to strip out digits.

https://www.zebra.com/us/en/support-downloads/software/utilities/123scan-utility.html
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply