Zoom on Pictures on listings ......

is not working while the ad is live, but when the ad is finished ( sold and unsold) the zoom feature works..I have looked all over for a place to tick to add the feature to live ads but cannot find it..Is it because the listings are free...

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Also.. when I view otheres listings, I can only zoom the first picture and cannot even bring up any more of the pictures offered...

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Which operating system and browser are you using? Are you using Microsoft XP Home or Professional and Internet Explorer? If so, this could be the source of your problems. If you want to know why, I am happy to explain why this is causing difficulties all over the globe for internet users.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Hi Green. .I am using IE and windows 8 home premium.. I just can't figger out why the pics will enlarge on other peoples pics ,just not mine, until they are sold or unsold....
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Please explain,  I'm using Win 7 and IE11 in compatability mode and have the same problem. Cannot see picture zooms on any ebay listing. Stays at just the first picture.

Works in Firefox, however, I prefer to use IE.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Well, I have no idea in your case, as your operating system is not old. But what I do know is that old versions of IE (such as IE 8,) do not support html5, which is what most programmers are using these days. Some elements will load of websites will load, others won't. It can be a frustrating experience. I use a number of different browsers now, but the best one for eBay is firefox (even Chrome has a few glitches). eBay constantly revises its programming languages for its different functions, and the only browser which seems to be able to keep up with it (in my experience) is firefox. I can't comment on newer versions of IE.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

This is what my husband uses and he isn't having any difficulties (he's doing it right now), so I am not sure. Some sellers upload low res pics (500px by 500px), so zooming is not possible on their listings. Zooming is possible for larger resolution pics. I agree with you, the interface for IE is much nicer than firefox but I have just had to adjust in order to run my online stores (because my laptop and operating system is ancient).

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Could be a Java / flash plugin issue, maybe? 

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

A lot of sellers upload 1600 x 1600 pics but eBay arbitrarily reduce them to 400 x 400, and give sellers warnings about being non-compliant.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

my pics are 1600 x 1200 and I repeat that I can use the zoom function only on pics that are not live... If it were a java or some other tech problem of mine, wouldn't it affect all ads whether live or finished ?

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply