abusive buyer threatens to give bad feedback on second purchase just because he can...

on the 4th nov i sold and item...waited patiently to be paid...sent reminder to pay heard nothing from buyer...put in unpaid dispute....heard nothing until last day b4 i could close the dispute and get a credit...he paid....14th nov....i sent item out 16th via click and send....going from one sydney suburb to another...arrive in his post office a few days later....item sat there till 30th nov....in the mean time 29th nov buyer puts in a dispute to paypal "not recieved item" tracking number sent to him when i sent item via click and send....i check tracking number and it showed that item was in his local post office so emailed him that it was there and go get it....how ever Aust. post sent it back to me on the 1st dec with "Return to sender" the buyer gives me positive feedback with this comment..."DISHONEST,RUDE,OBNOXIOUS,TRIED TO SEND "FREE" PARCEL AT MY EXPENCE. AWOID!!!" ok i can live with that....even though its not true...the buyer esculates the claim and buys another item off me and sends me an email with this threat...Just wait and see the feedback you are going to get on this "transaction". now all i want to do is cancel this second item....now i know i cant send the buyer the request i know he will refuse cos he is hell bent on giving me another bad feedback and this time it will be a negative for sure....as for his first item i dont know whether to send to him or just refund his money and be done with him cos he sounds like he is unstable and has a mental problem....i have 100% feedback and pride myself on it but today i was thinking maybe i should just close my account and be done with all this s..t....i have sent ebay 3 emails and i am still waiting on a reply cos i feel he has violated feedback policy...but who knows i guess i have to deal with what ever the buyer wants to do.... like usual...Man Sad

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

abusive buyer threatens to give bad feedback on second purchase just because he can...

report his message

and give email a ring, you won't have to wait for a response then.

as for refund - why would you at this stage? is the paypal case still open?

I would be asking for money to post it back to them TBH - just on principle.

and that message, report it to eBay he has openly declared he will interfere with your account which is against site policy, plus, if you have it on record, you will have a stronger case to get any neg removed, cos at this stage he hasn't actually said he will give you a neg, it is just an interpretation iykwim (but I agree with you)

everything will be ok, you have done nothing wrong, you just have an *bleep* person atm. remember all the good ones you have had, eh? I know it's hard right now, but don't throw the towel in. everything will be ok.

and if you can prove you paid click and send, then I reckon you could have that comment removed as it is not true?

what's he mean by that? did you originally try to charge him postage or something when the item was listed free post?

was he expecting that you would pay postage???

was there a fee imposed by Aus Post cos you sent the parcel with incorrect postage and they wanted the money off the buyer befior4e he could pick it up?

just trying to think of how he arrived at that feedback, but still left you a positive????

*mind boggles*

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Make sure you add him to your Blocked Bidder List so he can't do it again.

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

agree..block them

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Report him to the police.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Although the negative comment he left with a green dot has not hurt your overall rating, he has probably trashed your stars, so I really think it's worth phoning eBay - not live chat or email - and talking to a supervisor if necessary. Buying something just to leave feedback is directly against policy, as is threatening.

Good luck,

Marina.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Marina said:

Although the negative comment he left with a green dot has not hurt your overall rating, he has probably trashed your stars, so I really think it's worth phoning eBay - not live chat or email - and talking to a supervisor if necessary. Buying something just to leave feedback is directly against policy, as is threatening.

------------------

Totally agree.

Isn't it also against policy to give a positive rating with such a negative message? I am wondering if they made a mistake and re kicking themselves, which is why they are trying to get back at you. Ring ebay, and if they need evidence, forward on the message as it is very much an implied threat.

I wouldn't give up on ebay trading necessarily. I know it would be offputting but not all buyers could be like that, surely. Hope not.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

yes the paypal dispute is open and paypal are reviewing it....

i do have proof that i paid click and send and as far as i know there is no problem with postage....what i dont get is he would have gone into to the post office on monday as it was closed when i messaged him back on paypal that the item was at the post office where he lives, i can't understand why the post office would have made him pay postage as the package was with me on monday....i still have the item so i dont know what to do....if i send it and paypal refunds his money then i lose the item....well if i dont send it i guess he can have the refund....i am wondering if he has recieved a card from the post office and just refused to pick it up just to put and dispute in cos i did a unpaid item dispute on him?????hmmm yes the mind boggles...

but the other item he has bought and paid for i dont want to waste sending it out cos i know for sure he will put another dispute in, and give  bad feedback...well he already said he would.....its $5.50 with $1.20 postage so if i put registered post on it i lose my proft....with listing costs, paypal fees and what i paid for item....i lose alround....

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

@trulyspecialgoodies wrote:

Make sure you add him to your Blocked Bidder List so he can't do it again.

oh i have done that, its ashame i cant not warn all sellers with his name so they can block him also....he sounds like a crack pot....

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply