advice to all sellers.

Hi,just recently I purchase goods that never arrived.I am a seller myself and I believe in making contact  firstly,I have always refunded straight away to my buyers if what they purchased doesnt turnup,for the sake of loosing say 10 dollars it is well worth keeping a good selling reputation,but I had to get a refund through ebay,I told the truth on feedback,as I hate seeing other people get stung.And I got abused for it.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

advice to all sellers.

Postage is usually delayed around this time, so it may turn up.

Well the seller is telling a lie in a way because full refund wasn't given, it was forced by eBay.

You can reply to their reply perhaps saying "Seller didn't want to refund, eBay refunded".

I usually have the same philosophy, if seller refunds - no neg.

If I need to open eBay case - probably neg feedback.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

advice to all sellers.

So what's your "advice to sellers"?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

advice to all sellers.

Kopes, it is not a good idea the mention a dispute in feedback.  Ebay will remove that feedback if asked to do so.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

advice to all sellers.

I'd be pretty annoyed with that seller and his reply to your feedback as he implied he was very generous replacing a lost item & it was your fault in a way, as you didn't choose to pay for tracking.

He is wrong. It's his responsibility to choose the postage cost & to provide tracking. If he doesn't, he leaves himself open to loss, but that's his worry, not the buyer's. It's part of the ebay guarantee now. If the seller can't provide tracking, you the buyer will win. Why would any buyer choose to pay extra if they don't have to?

That seller is living in the past-a decade past.

I think he scored an own goal to some extent in his replies, by the way. I had to chuckle. In one, he replied with something like "Don't buy from this seller."

It could at first glance be taken as if you wrote it about him. There was nothing in that particular line of FB that indicated you were a seller.

What i take from your experience is that if you are a seller & don't send with tracking, you'll lose sometimes, but if you do resort to answering FB, be very careful what you write as sometimes it just reflects badly back on the person who wrote it.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

advice to all sellers.

Oh but she says in her descriptions that no responsibility will be taken for items lost or damaged in the post (even though it's a violation to say that). She even bolded it, so she sounds serious! Trouble is, item doesn't arrive, you open a dispute, you get a refund, she has been forced to take responsibility for it not arriving. Too bad for her.

I'm wondering what was the point of mentioning that you are a seller with a store. What the heck does that have to do with your items not arriving? Especially when no-one but her can see who you are in her feedback anyway. Pointless saying not to buy from you when no-one can see who you are.

Something I would do, especially as you are a seller, put her on your blocked buyer list in case she decides to revenge buy. It's not unheard of for a disgruntled seller to do that. 

Then tell her to take a flying leap.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

advice to all sellers.

Definitely one for the BBL.

image host
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply