are aus post workers under presure

i was expecting a package  contacted the company and they said aus post sent it back because it was not picked up   .strange there was no card in my locked letter box , now this morning my wife tells me she was expecting a parcel and just contacted the company and that parcel was also returned to sender no card also , very strange has this happened to you guys ,

my only answere is they are just droping off the parcels to the post office and not trying to deliver to save time. i dont know  seams strange  2 parcels 

ps  and no neither parcel was a dictionary for me  lol

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

You need to report that to Aus Post.  The Postie in your area is not doing their job.  Report it on the AusPost web site.

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

Australia Post workers are under most pressure a week before Christmas. I don't think Easter is anywhere near as stressful for them. I'd be contacting AP to find out what is going on.

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

thanks i think you are all correct

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Just the "Contractors" doing their usual thing when they could not be bothered delivering parcels.

BUT your local PO should have sent you a "Final Notice" for the parcels before they were sent back to sender.  This would have given you a total of 10 working days from initial drop off at PO to collect.

Seems that in this instance neither the Contractor nor the PO issued you cards to collect.  Pretty slack really but I go through this on a weekly basis with my local Contractors and PO - I always have to go in once a week and chase things that I know that have been dropped off without being carded.

Definitely lodge a complaine with AP direct via phone not via your local PO.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

We have not received 2 of our 3 postal vote forms.
Only one turned up. Really hard for my elderly Mum, who will now need to get to the polling booth. We rang and the electoral office said they were having huge problems with Aust. Post. Aren`t we all? Ha!
Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

well i got nothing very slack of them  just have to wait for the redelivery which will be 3 to 5 working days

if its not here after 7 working days i will then go to the post office and if its there you will hear me from where you live  lol

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

Thankfully our posties do a great job. If I am only receiving 1 or 2 small packages he will bring them with him and deliver them to the door. Larger ones will always have a card left, like today. For even larger ones that the AP van delivers, my only complaint with him is, if I'm not home, he leaves the card in the door and there have been a few times I've had to retreive it from the neighbours garden when the wind has blown it. The postie always leaves them in the letterbox. I've never not been carded.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

@sparrow2207 wrote:

Just the "Contractors" doing their usual thing when they could not be bothered delivering parcels.

BUT your local PO should have sent you a "Final Notice" for the parcels before they were sent back to sender.  This would have given you a total of 10 working days from initial drop off at PO to collect.

Seems that in this instance neither the Contractor nor the PO issued you cards to collect.  Pretty slack really but I go through this on a weekly basis with my local Contractors and PO - I always have to go in once a week and chase things that I know that have been dropped off without being carded.

Definitely lodge a complaine with AP direct via phone not via your local PO.

Yep, my postie is a complete shambles! Out of the last 20 parcels we have received, about 18 have been carded, even though generally there is someone home at the time!!!! Spoke to the PO and they were equally annoyed with them and have received numerous complaints! The last parcel I was expecting I checked the mail on coming home at about 1.30pm, no card, left to go back out at 2.15pm and check again, and low and behold a card!!! I was so annoyed because I knew he had not even tried, and worst of all he deliberately changed the time, so I drove around the block and found him, he was pretty shocked and knew he had been caught out!!!

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

well my wife has just being ,to the post office and the staff has said they have been getting complaints all week 

i think the post carrier has being going to the pub for lunch each day and doing only a few of his deliveries and leaving the rest at the post office 

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply