away for a few fays

mg55za
Community Member
I have read a lot of comments about going away, but they seem to relate to stores.

It was suggested that I reduce my stick to 0 but as a non store seller won't that lead eBay to suspect I have sold "off" eBay and get sent to the naughty corner.

My listings say I will post within one working day but I will be unable to honour that claim.

What can I do to stay in eBay's good books.

Thanks
Tony
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

away for a few fays

As you don't have a store, you can't go into holiday mode. You have 8 listings, best to just end them and then relist when you get back. Only other thing you can do is blow out your handling time to say 10 days to extend the ETA, but some buyers will still get upset if you don't post days before they even bought.

You won't get into eBay's bad books. Non store sellers end listings all the time because they are going away. If you use the error in a listing option, you should be find. If you really want to cover your butt, after you end them, schedule them to relist after you are home. Ebay should be able to see they are scheduled.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

away for a few fays

Easiest is to end the listings and relist upon return.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

away for a few fays

mg55za
Community Member
Thanks. I'll do just that

Tony
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

away for a few fays

How many days before you can post the item. Many people have 2+ days handling time and adding a few more wont make any difference. If I am going away for more than 3 days I will extend handling to 5 days.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

away for a few fays

My handling time has been 5 days for years. It fattens out the ETA, but I still post the same or next day. My sales are going along quite well, so having an extended handling time, isn't turning off buyers. Not from me anyway. Buyers love that their item is turning up a week before the first estimate.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

away for a few fays

mg55za
Community Member
Thanks for that suggestion.

The items I sell are ready to pack and post the same day.

Truth is I am up against a couple of sellers who list dozens of a similar item (mine are old but genuine) and I try to find ways to compete not only on price but also fast delivery.

It's hard to compete with stores, eBay favours them when searching for an item, but stores are to expensive for me until I get a bit of income.

Thanks for the response.

Tony
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

away for a few fays

Non-stores can now set themselves to away. It was in the spring seller update. On seller hub it shows a link to Time Away under Seller Tools in the first box.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

away for a few fays

mg55za
Community Member
That's good news. I'll look that up.

Thanks
Tony
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply