bad ebay listing

Spoiler
 Why is my "Show Only Australia" when it is showing "Worldwide"?

To eBay,

Please find attached a copy of my screen print "Show Only Australia" when it is showing "Worldwide"?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

bad ebay listing

I usually get the "found from eBay international sellers" heading when it runs out of things to show me in Australia after X pages, or there is nothing in Australia to show me.  It does it automatically.

I haven't used the advanced search filter options for years.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

bad ebay listing

I was going to say the same.

Does it have zero results at the top ? Then it will show International.

image host
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

bad ebay listing

I get that on both the default and Australia only setting. I still can't understand why anyone uses the Australia only setting because they are filtering out half of Australia's sellers, yet still allowing foreign sellers to appear. Far better using the distance option than selecting AO. Otherwise any Australian seller who posts overseas won't show up.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

bad ebay listing

I queried this with eBay some time ago and was told that ticking "Australia only" will display any matching items from sellers (regardless of their location)  who sell to Australia, but will not show items from sellers who don't sell to Australia.  It is NOT (as one would think) designed to restrict the search results to only Australian based sellers.  It is a total waste of time IMO.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

bad ebay listing

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

I still can't understand why anyone uses the Australia only setting because they are filtering out half of Australia's sellers, yet still allowing foreign sellers to appear. 

I use the Australia Only filter, because it only shows me items located in Australia (or more specifically, items the seller's say are located in Australia). I never see a single item where the item location is showing as outside of Australia (according to the sellers), though there are sometimes a number of listings showing from sellers located overseas. It never filters out Australian sellers who have their items located in Aus and also ship overseas, either. o.O

The distance filter does exactly the same thing (for me, anyway), because they're both filters based on the stated item location, not seller location. 

Maybe it's a grandfather thing, or eBay hasn't "fixed" (read: broken) the way their filters work on my accounts, because they work exactly as they are supposed to for me, and TBH I would be surprised if I'm the only one. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

bad ebay listing

If I use the Australia Only option my search results show only buyers who post to Australia only regardless of where they are located. It filters out Australian sellers who post overseas. Weird how it's the complete opposite between us! One of life's little mysteries.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply