blocked bidders changing their user name - can they buy under the new name?

just wondering if someone who I have put on my BBL, if they change their user ID name, can they then bid or buy under their changed ID user name, or ar they still blocked? Also, does anyone know if you can find out what a user who has changed their user ID name was before they changed? many thanks

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

go-tazz
Community Member

@roseworthy11 wrote:

Also, does anyone know if you can find out what a user who has changed their user ID name was before they changed? many thanks

With that one just click on their feedback number and then on View ID history,(they've changed the user profile

page and it no longer shows there).

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

You too attic. Smiley Very Happy

download.jpg

image host
Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

I could be wrong, but I believe if they CHANGE their name, they would still be blocked because it is the same account.  However if they create a new ID they would not be blocked.

Also, if a buyer has changed their ID you can see it on their profile page in the menu at the right side.

I wouldn't be so sure, because that list is text-based, and not dynamic (and you'd think the list would automatically update their username when they changed it, but it does not . . .)

My experience is that eBay won't do anything if a blocked buyer buys from you, unless you can prove that they're doing it to harm your account. A month or so ago, I posted on here about a buyer who was asking all sorts of suspicious questions about SNAD returns before buying an item, so I blocked her. She made a new account, bought the item anyway, and eBay wouldn't do anything about it (in fact, they told me to post her item).

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

everard6920 Community Member
10:04 AM
pennyforum14 wrote:
I could be wrong, but I believe if they CHANGE their name, they would still be blocked because it is the same account. However if they create a new ID they would not be blocked.

Also, if a buyer has changed their ID you can see it on their profile page in the menu at the right side.

I wouldn't be so sure, because that list is text-based, and not dynamic (and you'd think the list would automatically update their username when they changed it, but it does not . . .)

My experience is that eBay won't do anything if a blocked buyer buys from you, unless you can prove that they're doing it to harm your account. A month or so ago, I posted on here about a buyer who was asking all sorts of suspicious questions about SNAD returns before buying an item, so I blocked her. She made a new account, bought the item anyway, and eBay wouldn't do anything about it (in fact, they told me to post her item).
~~~~~~~~
But your buyer made a new account, so it stands to reason that the new account id would not be on your bbl.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

@bakeandfry wrote:
everard6920 Community Member
10:04 AM
@pennyforum14 wrote:
I could be wrong, but I believe if they CHANGE their name, they would still be blocked because it is the same account. However if they create a new ID they would not be blocked.

~~~~~~~~
But your buyer made a new account, so it stands to reason that the new account id would not be on your bbl.

That's what I'm saying. You can't stop someone doing that, and neither will eBay, UNLESS you can prove they made the new account to purposely leave you negative feedback or bad DSRs.

So the BBL is effectively useless.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

If a user who is on your BBL changes their user ID, your BBL automatically updates and they are still blocked because it is the same account. However if they create a new ID that one is not blocked and they can now essentially do whatever they like. It's a major flaw in the system.
Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

I wonder if the buyers who create new accounts go through phone verification before using their new account to get around a block? I know when the Rat tried it on me, she couldn't get past my blocks because she hadn't phone verified that account.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

yes, I only saw that there was a phone verification option yesterday, but I quickly ticked it!
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

I have a bidder that has changed her ID 3 times and still tries to bid.  I have her on my BBL but she changes names. I've called eBay and changed my preferences to block 0 feedback bids, but why can't they stop her?

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

@sistersbeads wrote:

I have a bidder that has changed her ID 3 times and still tries to bid.  I have her on my BBL but she changes names. I've called eBay and changed my preferences to block 0 feedback bids, but why can't they stop her?

Probably because they don't want to.  New buyer id means more money coming into eBay.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply