buyer claims he never received item to many scammers out there

Seems like more and more buyers thing that we sellers do not keep records

After i month this moron clams item was not received, not message before where is by item

item was sent by Toll on the 16th September on line tracking states it was received on the 18th September

a month latter claims he never received item, this is the 3rd one in the last 2 months

I wonder if we are covered under seller guarantee if we can prove it was delivered.

normally it is like getting blood out of a stone doing someone like this thru Ebay Pay Pal

just last week had a similar claim , after we presented  proof of delivery , he went berko swearing and ranting using the F word and all thru Ebay message

I reported him to Ebay , there investigation stated it was not offensive 

Quite obvious they have no idea of the English langue.

Now that Ebay expect us to give 30 day money back guarantee, I can see a flood of goods being returned after they use the item. Really is this a fair playing field.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: buyer claims he never received item to many scammers out there

I have no answer to your playing field question as I find it rhetorical.

However IMO calling ANY buyer a "moron" on a forum accessible to your lifeblood (buyers) seems ill considered.

I think you may be a touch behind the times with your "30 daymoney back etc".......try 180.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Won't be selling ANYTHING via Paypal. Cash on pick up only. Postage charges now extortionate and only cause arguments with the buyer. The contract of sale is between buyer and seller only, and all other parties trying to get rich off us ( Post Office, Paypal, etc) can go away.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@theshedsfull wrote:

Won't be selling ANYTHING via Paypal. Cash on pick up only. Postage charges now extortionate and only cause arguments with the buyer. The contract of sale is between buyer and seller only, and all other parties trying to get rich off us ( Post Office, Paypal, etc) can go away.

Presumably that means you will be selling elsewhere as you cannot refuse a Paypal payment for a pick up item on ebay and if you do you will get defects and will be banned from selling after so many.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Presumably that means you will be selling elsewhere as you cannot refuse a Paypal payment for a pick up item on ebay 

You can if you don't offer it as a payment method. Smiley Tongue (You'd still have to offer a safe alternative, of course). 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Yeah I have just started selling on EBay again after a long break , though have been buying regularly.

One buyer bought two computers I listed ( and tested for a while myself ) then the day he received them , lodged a dispute with Paypal saying one faulty.

I replied saying he should message me first , then if not resolved toi use dispute with Paypal but got a bit of abuse in reply.

I then advised him I  would happily refund if he sent faulty one back to me Registered Post for tracking but needed it done quickly as going overseas for work in a few weeks.

He immediately escalated to a claim which I am trying to resolve.

Worse part is Paypal locked full payment for both computers because of this which is really annoying - wouldn't have minded the one amount for half which was relevant.

As it is , I am looking at future sales to be local pickup only , with either COD or Bank Deposit only.

The buyer is refusing to discuss the matter with me and wants the refund BEFORE sending unit back which I think leaves me open to a scam.

This is getting ridiculous.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

pay pal will only refund him once item has been return to you 

ebay know lots of buyers scam sellers , they should have a mark or point to let other sellers know they send in claims , like never recieved , not as discribed  want a refund

this way the seller has a better understanding with what he or she is dealing with

should come under feedback 

for example

was this transaction seemless                       300

was there any disputes                                   15

customer claimed never received                    10

customer claimed not as discribed                   5

quite simple , if I was informed of this sellers practice , I would refer not to send

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply