buyer doesnt want to pay said he didnt bid that high?

01tmau
Community Member

Hi i started an item at 99c i saw this item from completed listing it would fetch anywhere from $200-$350.  The last couple of minutes i had 2 buyers go wild and it sold for nearly $300.  The buyer than emailed me saying he didnt bid that high and he isnt going to pay.  He said he only bid to $99 and that ebay placed the other bids or must of been hijacked for that last minute.  Very annoyed as i have lost a sale.  I have asked he could pay my fees to save him a non payer dispute.  But... if i send him a cancellation he could easily disagree and i would loose the fees and he can walk away to do this again.  But if i start a non payer dispute he can easily just neg me and forget any customer support on here it doesnt exist.  I sent a 2nd chance but of course i would be suss and think it was the seller bumping up the price.  And no this is not the id i sold the item on:-)  Im just thinking i should just start a non payer but... he sounds angry and wants to report to ebay.

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: buyer doesnt want to pay said he didnt bid that high?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

That is an interesting scenario super_nova.

I have already suggested looking at the bidding history to see if the highest bidder had placed an incorrect top bid and the underbidder had forced the bidding up at the end.  It is highly unlikely that the highest bidders account could have been hijacked in any way and engaged in a bidding war.

Message 31 of 34
Latest reply

I didn't do it

;-):-p

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............
Message 32 of 34
Latest reply

The cat protesteth too much. ]:)

TCT
Message 33 of 34
Latest reply

plpmr
Community Member

Hi 01tmau,

Some very good advice above and I would have thought the unpaid dispute was the way to go. But I think you have left yourself open by -

"I have asked he could pay my fees to save him a non payer dispute."

Because you linked it to a threat.

You would leave yourself open to bed feedback and also I think the buyer would get a 'strike' overturned especially if it's their first.

Message 34 of 34
Latest reply