buyer has not paid.

Hi, a buyer bought an item but has not paid for it and has not replied to me asking if they still want it. So two things - one is i wont need to pay comission for it and will I just put it back up to resell? cheers Geraldine Richards 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

buyer has not paid.

This is a public forum and I have asked the moderators to remove your personal details.

The eBay system doesn't know the buyer hasn't paid unless you open an unpaid item case or cancel the transaction.

After the sale is cancelled or case is closed, you will get the fee credited back and then you are free to relist.

If a buyer doesn't respond to my messages when I sell something, I open an unpaid item case and close it 4 days later.

(That's the earliest you can close a case)

Then I add them to my BBL so they can't do it again.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

buyer has not paid.

OK not Ebay here just members like yourself,  anyhow welcome to Ebay world where one will get a lot of non paying and no commuinication buyers, first up you are charged by Ebay selling fees as soon as a buyer hits the buy it now button or wins via auction, secondaly do not relist item yet, buyer has up to 4 days to pay, if they have not, open a unpaid item dispute, if no payment 4 days later, remember Ebay works on US time, close case, selling fees are refunded to you, then and only then you can relist your item, yes is a pain in the derehere, but that is how it works on Ebay.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

buyer has not paid.

Go to the item on your selling page and click the dropdown on the right. Then select the option that refers to a dispute or case (I can't remember the correct terminology and I don't have any unpaid items at the moment to check. It could be something like resolve a problem). Don't select the cancel transaction option.

On the next screen you will be given some options. Select the one that mentions you selling an item and the buyer hasn't paid. Click next, or submit, or whatever it says. The next screen is where you'll submit it. The unpaid case is now open. If you go back to your selling page and refresh the page, you'll see a note under the transaction saying there is an unpaid item dispute open.

4 days later (and not a second before), go back to the item on your selling page and click the dropdown. Then select close case. The next screen will show a link to the transaction with a dropdown on the right. Click the dropdown and then click get fee credit. If on the next screen the option to select no isn't available, check the message at the top of the screen for the earliest time you can close the disput and go back then and close it. Once it's closed, you are free to relist.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

buyer has not paid.

The answer is yes, you will be charged commission for the 'sale' unless you do as Tippy suggested.

Just writing to this forum doesn't get you any help or action from ebay at all. It's just a message board for members like yourself.

You will have to go through the official route and open an unpaid item case. Once that is done and dusted, you're good to relist.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply