buyer left positive feedback now wants to dispute sale

buyer left positive feedback now wants to dispute sale- can a buyer do this?

thanks

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Yep they sure can.

What are they claiming is now wrong?

Is it something you can ask for a photo of as proof?

Is it something you need to get someone to look at to verify there is a problem?

More info would help

A buyer has 180 days to dispute a purchase these days

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

i sent a tyre cover with photos of box- he now claims that the tyre cover had diff label on it that oon outside of box- this is definitely the box i bought it in

the photo he is sending me doesnt have any label showing it is same brand and the inside colour is white- i am sure the one i sent was black inside

wants me to refund this but doesnt want to send back unless i pay postage as well to send back- that really doesnt make it worth it for me - i sold it for $1- so he knows i wont want him to send it back

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

If they are adamant about getting a refund, tell them to open a dispute with PayPal. That way when they are instructed to return it, THEY have to pay for the postage. As it is, you've already lost a packet on this item given that it sold for 99c and you charged $13.40 for postage. By the time both eBay and PayPal take their cut, you are well and truly in the red. 

If they do open a dispute, I would point PayPal in the direction of that glowing feedback they left saying how happy they are with it. It would be interesting to know what star rating they gave you. I wonder if they opened an eBay dispute and they've given 5 stars for description and glowing feedback whether eBay would tell them to take a hike?

I noticed all your listings are starting and sometimes selling for 99c with high postage cost. You're ripping yourself off! EBay is getting all the money (and more) from these sales. Start listings at the lowest you are prepared to accept. It's surprising that people will still bid when you have auctions starting at a higher price. You'd be far better throwing them in the bin.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

It's surprising that people will still bid when you have auctions starting at a higher price. You'd be far better throwing them in the bin.

Absolutely right, not only will they still bid but they are likely to bid more, if they see that you value the item for so little then they get the impression it must be cheap junk and so bid accordingly.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

If they are adamant about getting a refund, tell them to open a dispute with PayPal. That way when they are instructed to return it, THEY have to pay for the postage. As it is, you've already lost a packet on this item given that it sold for 99c and you charged $13.40 for postage. By the time both eBay and PayPal take their cut, you are well and truly in the red. 

If they do open a dispute, I would point PayPal in the direction of that glowing feedback they left saying how happy they are with it. It would be interesting to know what star rating they gave you. I wonder if they opened an eBay dispute and they've given 5 stars for description and glowing feedback whether eBay would tell them to take a hike?

I noticed all your listings are starting and sometimes selling for 99c with high postage cost. You're ripping yourself off! EBay is getting all the money (and more) from these sales. Start listings at the lowest you are prepared to accept. It's surprising that people will still bid when you have auctions starting at a higher price. You'd be far better throwing them in the bin.

Sorry but the seller has to pay the return postage if buyer claims item not as described.

The seller has to send a label the buyer can print off or the buyer pays then notifies ebay and ebay will then reimburse the buyer if the seller refuses and the cost is then added onto the sellers next invoice.

Just been through it all.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Ahhh, OK, my mistake. I thought that was only the case with the eBay MBG. Thanks for clarifying! ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

You tried to pull a swifty over their eyes did you but got caught,

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

THIS THREAD IS   V E R Y    OLD.

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF DRAGGING IT UP???????

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply