cheapest credit card facilities

shedshite
Community Member

I have had enough of PayPal and I am looking at establishing my own C/C facilities. My dealings will all be by phone or email. I expect the $ quantum and quantity of transactions to be relativley low. What is the cheapest effective way of doing this in Australia?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: cheapest credit card facilities

From my point of view I am more than happy to comply to Australian consumer law requirements. I am not happy to have onerous and badly designed extra requirements forced upon me. One group of items I sell are classic microphones $500-$20,000. Under the current system the buyer can take delivery then go to the studio and record their music and at the end return it on the basis of not as described. Not only do I lose the sale I pay the cost of postage in both directions to allow the buyer to use my microphone. Absurd outcome!

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

The downside of not offering PayPal is that element of mistrust 

The end result of a very successful campaign - don't trust the sellers you choose to buy from, trust the company that processes the payment, instead, to the point where you won't trust anyone that doesn't offer our services, cos if they were really honest sellers, they'd take the risks we make them take. 

Bleh is all I have to say about that. Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

We have a CBA facility in place, at around 2.2%.  The far majority of our website payments are done via card, whilst Ebay payments account for around the 40% mark.  The balance is via Paypal, and some Direct Deposit too.  I certainly would encourarge anyone with good feedback and track record to encourange both Credit card and Paypal, as it works very well for us, and find that a considerable amount of our clients actually prefer to utitlise this facility over Paypal. Credit card payments = never ever had one chargeback or problem in over 15 years.  I definitively cannot say the same about Paypal. 

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply