click and send

Hi,

Think the man at the post office might have stuffed my very first click and send satchel.  Tell me if he did bad.

My item weighed 175gm and was a very thin sheer blouse, so it was very flat and we put it in the 500gm click and send satchel.  He then put a stamp on it for $1.80 and sent it off...

now, i'm confused because i'm reading that it says you can only pay for this online via paypal or credit card, when you've printed the label (which i'm not having any luck doing either)...

Can anyone enlighten me on this, please? 

Confused and panicking my item won't get to customer!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: click and send

@thecatspjs wrote:

I would not stress out if the item has been addressed correctly. 

Did you process a label at all by click and send online?   where you had to pay for the post at post office ?? 

There a  couple of different click and send choices, only one type is paid for on-line.

Due to lightness and width the post office person has calculated post to be that of a large letter and processed it as such. 

Hi Cats PJ, That's what took me so long to post, I actually just went to c&S and made up a dummy order to check payment options, and it only gave me 2 options, PAY NOW and get courier, or PAY NOW and lodge later.

I had thought I could pay at the PO, but when I saw this, I assumed not.

So out of interest, how do I get around that so that I can print my label, as I have to confirm my postage method and pay before it will allow me to do so?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

Thanks everybody, i am a little more at ease about it now...

so, at the end of the day... are we billed for the weight it actually is $1.80 in this case, or the $6.95 it shows online (which only gives the option of Express Post Satchel or Parcel but not Click and Send)  Sorry, but am really confused!

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

Crikey, So you want to pay for your parcel at the PO? You are using the ebay satchell?

Instead of putting in the code for the bag, click own packaging and put in the measurements, then you will be allowed to pay later at post office.

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

Sorry, you do have to print your label, but you still get to pay at the PO - it is 15 cents cheaper doing it this way I think. I do sometimes do it, but for 15 cents, it is easier just to pay for it and have the PO scan and chuck in the box. LOL

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

you just don't use the ebay satchel / box promo codes that have set rates.

You need to put in your dimensions etc, I usually just put in promo code to get the info for weight / length etc quickly up and then change to own packaging and delete code, the dimensions are retained.

You can not process a batch of promo code satchels with a batch of regular post.  They must be done in seperate batches.

Can work out cheaper too, for example if I send a parcel within most (not all, but nearly) of Victoria up to 22kg - it only ever costs me $8.95

So savings to be had too.

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

@colleenk4324 wrote:

Crikey, So you want to pay for your parcel at the PO? You are using the ebay satchell?

Instead of putting in the code for the bag, click own packaging and put in the measurements, then you will be allowed to pay later at post office.

Thanks Colleen,

No, I haven't had the neccessity to do that yet, I have only ever used the C&S satchels or stipulated boxes for flat rate, and it has just always asked that I pay now, so I did.

ashamed.gif

I never knew I'd get different options for the measurement thingy, but I guess that makes sense.shuffle.gif

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Thanks CatsPJ

That's really good to know

So can I pay online for an own packaging item? Otherwise, how do I get it for $8.95 if I pay over the counter, cos wouldn't it go on the cube rate and weight etc?

Oh, nuther question. when I print out my C&S labels for boxes, they only say I can post up to 15kg, I take it this is just cos of the flat rate deal, yes?

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

@sengadee wrote:

Thanks everybody, i am a little more at ease about it now...

so, at the end of the day... are we billed for the weight it actually is $1.80 in this case, or the $6.95 it shows online (which only gives the option of Express Post Satchel or Parcel but not Click and Send)  Sorry, but am really confused!

The minimum standard parcel post cost is now $6.95. ($7.15 through C&S + cost of bag and printing etc)

If you only paid $1.80 then it seems as if you have posted the item as a large letter with no tracking - ie Registered Post..

Standard Rate Costs of Large Letter:

up to 125g - $1.20

between 125g and 250g - $1.80

between 250g and 500g - $3.00

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

@crikey*mate wrote:

Thanks CatsPJ

That's really good to know

So can I pay online for an own packaging item? Otherwise, how do I get it for $8.95 if I pay over the counter, cos wouldn't it go on the cube rate and weight etc?

Oh, nuther question. when I print out my C&S labels for boxes, they only say I can post up to 15kg, I take it this is just cos of the flat rate deal, yes?

Ok - you can not pay online using your own packaging.

You can only pay online if you are using ebay satchel/boxes promo codes.

You have to pay at post office if you are using your own packaging. 

When you enter your package dimensions and weights it will give you an estimate of cost based on this (including cubing where it needs to).  The labels it prints outs are similar - and have bar coding - but require post office to complete some details (though mine never does, they just put a post paid sticker on when I pay)

If you are posting to a destination in your own state (I think AP rules say within metro area or 50km, but since the changes it is now much more generous up to 300-400km sometimes) there is a standard flat rate of $8.95 for parcels up to the maximum dimensions of a parcel that can be sent, think it is 22kg with height and width restrictions. 

This rate automatically calculates in click and send when you are processing, so it is always a good idea checking IMO if you are sending to a same state destination, to see if is within the distance well worth it - I have saved quite a few bucks on post - which I theoretically put towards offering free post on other listings.

The rates that appear in click and send are printed out in a manifest with price details.  These rates have always aligned with my post offices calculation - when they enter the destination postcode.

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

Post is so confusing.  Aust Post have so many products its hard to keep up with it all.

HINT - What doesn't change though is their terms and conditions - Click and Send parcels with sigature on delivery is still eligible for $100 compensation for lost or damaged parcels without having to take out extra cover. 

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply