combined postage

I have 50% sale on all items but for some reason my buyers cannot request an invoice for combined postage using either buy it now or shopping cart. I have contacted ebay and they looked at my listings and said everything appeared OK and that buyers should be able to drop items into shopping cart and request and invoice but 3 buyers have told me that neither option allows them to request an invoice. I hope someone has some insight into this because it is frustrating and potentially losing me sales. I did wonder if it had anything to do with the sale but ebay said it didn't so any help would be appreciated.

I myself have used buy it now and shopping cart many times to request an invoice for combined postage so I really don't understand what is happening now.

Cheers, Trisha

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: combined postage

@collect247 wrote:

Some sellers don't offer combined postage as I have just found that out,but there was no where in the listings or the description that the seller doesn't combine.

I only got the message when I requested the total to only get a reply from ebay please pay for your order as the seller doesn't combine postage. Woman Frustrated

Spoiler

There are no such settings for it even though some sellers may not want to combine. However it is not about it.

Please read my reply above. Actually if the OP's buyers move a cursor to Request Total link in a shopping cart eBay will tell them as a tip message that they cannot request an invoice becasuse their seller has provided a discount already.

Another "tip" I saw there was "You cannot request total because one of the items is Click & Collect" That was my second described above case.

The fact that it is a shopping cart, a seller offers other shipping options on all items in the cart that can be selected after commiting to buy did not ring a bell in the head of a person who put that restriction on the Reqest Total functionality.

Or it did and it's all there on purpuse just to force buyers to pay inflated postage cost and ebay making more money from it.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 11 of 11
Latest reply