crazy aussie post logic

went to post a parcel today

the parcel had 5 items in it  weight was 560 grams post office wanted $13.00 odd

I thought no way

so I put 3 items in 1 small padded envelope

and 2 items in another padded envelope

the total cost to post was $1.80 for 1 and $1.20 for the other

saving me $10.00 to me its crazy what aussie post are doing for the sake of  an extra 60gramms  they want to charge $10.00 more

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

crazy aussie post logic

I registered a letter a couple of months ago successfully.

I'm sure the post office would have told me if one couldn't do that.

Unless my post office (workers) are stealing from their customers... X-(

But something tells me they aren't.  

I said to myself,
Self, I said...
Cheer up, things could get worse,
So I cheered up and sure enough,
Things got worse.
Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

crazy aussie post logic

Registered Post is available with standard letters, regular parcels and prepaid Parcel Post satchels:

Registered Post gives you:

proof the article was sent when lodged at the post office counter proof the article was received - a signature is obtained on delivery compensation for loss or damage of the article up to $100 for a standard registered delivery the ability to send bank notes and coins to a maximum face value of $200 within Australia. These items cannot be sent using any other Australia Post service.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

crazy aussie post logic

curraone, that's interesting. It doesn't state large letters, only standard. Has anyone had success with PayPal protection (or AusPost compensation) for Registered large letters?

I sent a Registered large letter a couple of weeks ago so it can be done but the question is whether it's covered should something go wrong.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

crazy aussie post logic

Actually I'm not sure. I heard this from someone I can't remember who. And it's stuck on my head.

I will check it at post office on Monday.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

crazy aussie post logic

I had to send some registered letters a few months ago and my local PO said that there is no compensation for them because they should only contain a letter but it did provide proof of delivery to the addressee.

The reason I was told of no compensation is that people would want Au Post to pay for solicitors to redo papers etc and Au Post only compensate for the value of the item ie 3 pages of A4 paper and 1 envelope.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

crazy aussie post logic

I have had a bit of a crazy thing with sizing from Aust Post and then trying to send, which has turned out rather badly for the buyer and myself.

I gave the dimensions to Aust post to get costings to post to Canada,[ Retro  oil painting framed]  , air mail was way too dear, sea mail was agreed on. Went to post office   and was told if the length exceeds 105cm [it did] we can't accept it over the counter, I MIGHT be able to send it from a PO distribution centre if they will accept it. ????

Why give me a price to quote to buyer if I can't post it. Waiting for buyers reply so I can refund entire amount they paid...

Question .. do click n send, send things overseas or is it just within Australia ?

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

crazy aussie post logic

Yes I use C&S every day for overseas

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

crazy aussie post logic

thank u  F_F_2004

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

crazy aussie post logic

Goodness me, some post offices tell porky pies or make it up as they go along.

Large letters are covered for compensation according to Australia Post lodgement forms/receipts.

As others may know Australia Post even retail their own pre-printed registered post small and large letter.

Both the pre-printed lodgement form/receipts that many use for letters and parcels and the tear off lodgement receipts with Oz products, outline registered post terms and conditions, including:

"compensation for loss or damage* to a limit of $100 is a part of the Registered Post service, in addition to postage charges incurred"

Among other things it also notes the exclusions such as: delay in delivery; bank notes: items prohibited etc etc

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

crazy aussie post logic

Australia Post would make millions each year from eBay sellers, but no matter how big of a customer you are to Australia Post, we are just a stat. Australia Post sees eBay and other online sellers as $$$ only

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply