defect late postage

13afa
Community Member

I received a defect for late postage after open communication with the buyer and giving a good gift for 3 days late sending the item 

pretty biased way of working it out

My Message

Hi
please accept my apology for the late postage.( My Boss had me out west of Qld training at a camp)
just popping in the post today I have added the other Spiderman poster by way of an apology for late sending and hope this will make up for it
Kind regards
Adrian

No worries mate very much Appreciated too kind

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

defect late postage

Not sure what your handling time is,  but I would increase it to allow for anything unforseen.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

defect late postage

The handling time for that listing was 3 days, so the OP must have been away longer than that. I clicked on multiple other random listings and they were all 5 days handling time,which I think in most incidences is adequate (my handling time is 5 days and has saved my bacon a few times!).

I suppose for the OP, if it looks like the boss is going to send him away for more training, increase the handling time to 10 days while he's away. Should be able to be done by a bulk edit, then change it back when he's back home.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

defect late postage

The defect is applied automaticly if you do not meet your stated handling time,  it can be removed if the delay has been pre-arranged between the buyer and seller, I have had a few where buyers have requested shipments be delayed for various reasons.  While your instance has not been pre-arranged, if you contact  CS via live chat you may be lucky and get a sympathetic Hearing.

Note the defects generally only come into play once they relate to 5% or more of total transactions.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

defect late postage

Chat to ebay if you think it's worth it and they may remove it. But you should have let ebay know beforehand, too. Ebay are understanding with these things if you let them know and play by their rules. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply

defect late postage

eBay removed defect

cheers for all info

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

defect late postage

Ebay are very strict with their policy and will you recieve a defect if the buyer asks ebay to step in 100% of the time. Try chatting to ebay and ask them to remove the strike and tell them you will send items from the day they sell (as long as you plan on sending them this way). Also, let the buyer know you want to be alerted before they let ebay know so you can give them a refund. It's usually best just to give a refund if the buyer seems upset/angry/frustrated and only persist with waiting for the item to arrive if they give you indication they are willing to wait and ask for how long. The fact they opened the case says they want a refund (whether or not they are lying) or could mean they chatted to ebay (who always tell buyers to open a case). 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

defect late postage

Also, if sent untracked, you will get much, much more cases so be prepared. Better send with tracking or use a barcode and write tracked on your letters. 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

defect late postage

Where does the OP mention a dispute being opened and buyer wanting a refund? The defect would have been because the item was posted outside the OP's handling time. It's an automatic thing, nothing to do with a dispute being opened. 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

defect late postage

Not sure what your handling time is,  but I would increase it to allow for anything unforseen.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

defect late postage

The handling time for that listing was 3 days, so the OP must have been away longer than that. I clicked on multiple other random listings and they were all 5 days handling time,which I think in most incidences is adequate (my handling time is 5 days and has saved my bacon a few times!).

I suppose for the OP, if it looks like the boss is going to send him away for more training, increase the handling time to 10 days while he's away. Should be able to be done by a bulk edit, then change it back when he's back home.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

defect late postage

The defect is applied automaticly if you do not meet your stated handling time,  it can be removed if the delay has been pre-arranged between the buyer and seller, I have had a few where buyers have requested shipments be delayed for various reasons.  While your instance has not been pre-arranged, if you contact  CS via live chat you may be lucky and get a sympathetic Hearing.

Note the defects generally only come into play once they relate to 5% or more of total transactions.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

defect late postage

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

defect late postage

Okay sorry I had no idea this rule applied. I have gone over my handling time a few times and i've had no defects for doing this - is this due to being on ebay plus? It says I have a few removed defects and never knew what that meant. 

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

defect late postage

Chat to ebay if you think it's worth it and they may remove it. But you should have let ebay know beforehand, too. Ebay are understanding with these things if you let them know and play by their rules. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply