difficult buyer

01tmau
Community Member

A buyer has bid on a pair of boardies.  Clearly listed slight mark on back with photo.  She wanted to bump the postage down after she won the shorts and now i said no shes made an excuse the bottoms have a mark in the photo and relist.   i dont get my insertion fees back but said she is welcome to pay the $1 and ill mutual cancel them.  Or should i stand my ground cop a neg and start a dispute?  Honestly i hardly sell on here sell elsewhere 95% of the time and im getting the rudiest buyers on here.  THis happens everytime and read others have had this problem.    She got the billabong shorts for $7 gosh all this i think ill throw them in the bin.  Okay rant over

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: difficult buyer

Very few people angry enough to leave negatives just state not happy. They usually say something false like Seller was very rude or Seller accused me of not being honest, something like that, under those terms you can have it removed, especially if there has been no communication with them except the UPI. Mine was like that and I did have communication with the buyer and I still got it removed by Ebay because it was considered abusive (and it didn't even have swearing in it). You also have the ability to reply to feedback and state the truth as well if the person just writes not happy. Many do read the neg feedbacks to see exactly what the issue was (I know I do) and unreasonable people can be spotted a mile away because their feedback is vague or unrelated or not reasonable (for example a listing for something like beads 3mm, and their negative feedback was 'the beads were so tiny', which the seller could have fought to have removed technically).

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: difficult buyer

thanks for the advice.  If no word will start a dispute tomorrow.  Im sending her a new photo which clearly shows the bottom is very very light mark as i shouldnt have used a flash it did make it look more marked.  Will learn for next time.  But im sure its nothing to do with the mark she just tryed to get postage down which i didnt budge

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply