does this happen to you?buyer insisting on feedback asap

hi

im finding this weird never had this before

a buyer keeps emailing me over and over several times a day

saying they paid me so leave them feedback now

they only paid on sunday night

and i post usually in 2 working days(but had a double shift so didnt get it done today)

will post tomorrow

but i always leave feedback once i know item arrived safely

just the way i do things

emailing me over and over telling me to leave feedback asap annoys me

i wouldnt do it to a seller or buyer

tara

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: does this happen to you?buyer insisting on feedback asap

@davewil1964 wrote:

@this-way-up wrote:

Hi Tara,

Yes...I know...Some days are just full of total...fmmfffmmWits 🙂

If it helps at all...just think of this clown thumping his fist on his computer desk making all sorts of noise...Imagine he is knocking over his jar of peanuts in his rampant keyboard tapping....Think of him spilling his pressious bong water...and think of his faithfull wife sitting there saying "yes dear"...

Just contact eBay and let them deal with it...BUT...

If you really feel that you need to reply....Do This !! ... Reply with ---- You will like this --- Acknowledged

Yep...bewtifull is it not ?...I know that the urge to reply is strong....so if you must, just reply with the single word.... Acknowledged.

I reiterate - about what?

You have pretty much a 0% hit rate on your advice being either relevant or accurate. It might pay you to actually get a handle on how things work with eBay and Paypal before you offer more 'advice' that doesn't have regard to the facts.

Acknowledged !

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

As a buyer, I can tell you that the most frustrating thing, the most worrying thing, is when you send an email or message to a seller or company and get no response.

I'm not trying to tell you when to give feedback, but if you are getting constant messages, respond, and respond politely. Respond to each and every message.

I liked the sort of response from Digital Ghost. I would probably change it slightly, I will show my bits in red. The reason I changed the second bit is because it is your right to decide when to give feedback, but I don't think you will achieve a thing to tell this buyer so, you will only put his or her back up.

Digitial ghost wrote:

Dear [buyer],

Thank you for your messages regarding your concerns, please don't worry, your item will be with you shortly.  I am happy to provide you with the following details.

I will be posting your item tomorrow (Wednesday 2nd of October), which is within the postage time as noted on the listing. You should receive an email updating you on the postage status of your order, which will include tracking details and you will then be able to check the delivery status via [website] [only add that info if the package will have a tracking number].

I can assure you that I both understand and respect that feedback is important, and I do leave it for all successful transactions. The way I do it is this. As soon as I know the item has been delivered safely, I will leave feedback. Thanks again for your purchase, if you have any concerns regarding anything else, please let me know.

Kind regards,

[Seller]. 

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Reading threads like this, continues to confirm that one of the best business decisions I ever made, was to leave feedback as soon as I posted, and include in my feedback for buyer a confirmation of date their parcel was sent.
Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

hi

i did send a polite message stating when i post,ticking postage section on ebay,when i leave feedback

just in case i sent by registered post today at my own expense(and added the number to ebay for tracking)

will just let it go and see what happens

i always respond to every email between 8am and 9pm

before that or after that im not available

i even respond if im not at home by using my phone or tablet

tara

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Hi Tara

It might still be a good idea to flag it with eBay...Just to let them know that a buyer has demanded FB from you...It is against the rules to ask for feed back. If they make a claim through Paypal or eBay against you, you will at least have record of your concerns and that their actions (if they do claim or leave Neg FB etc) is premeditated.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

hi Tara, nothing more to add, Digi, Springy and Dave pretty much hit the nail on the head, but I thought this picture kind of appropriate, although I do not advise that you send it LOLOL, just hopefully get a little chuckle from it.

feedback.gif

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

as sellers we love feedback its good for buisness as buyers we love love feedback for paying promply its an ego thing  why hold back on buyers who have paid up and you have recieved the money as a buyer you feel you are being held to ransom thats how i feel anyway

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

I leave feedback as soon as I have posted their item,(I state that I will do so in my listings)

Next I message the buyer the time it was posted and provide the tracking number if it has one,(just in case the eBay

system doesn't show it).

I've never had anyone ask me for feedback,blum.gif

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

I just got a feedback from a cistomer saying something like - "please leave me positive feedback like I have done for you"

the thing was though, I had already left them feedback.

*shrug*

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 19 of 19
Latest reply