eBay Listing Removed: Duplicate listing

I have just had my first 'supposedly' duplicate listing removed.

As I have just listed a number of items in ladies underwear,  I want to make sure I'm not going to get hit with more duplicate listing violations.

I have chosen to do individual BIN listings for each size instead of a multi variant listing.

I accidently duplicated a listing but changed the sizing details within 2 minutes of listing it but now 1-1/2hours later, ebay has removed.

Is this where I went wrong? Should I have cancelled and started again.

The only differences in my listings is the size in the heading and the description. Is this not allowed.???

Next question....how will I be penalised for having a duplicate listing violation?

TIA

Susan

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

The duplicate listings policy seems to be applied in a very haphazard way. Some listings that are clearly in breach stay onsite forever and others get pulled very quickly.

You can review the policy here - http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-multi.html

In the past when I have had policy violations (very few) it has lowered my search ranking.

If you think it was removed in error, and didnt breach the policy, then you can ring them and speak to them about it.

One other thing, I know that listing the sizes seperately can boost your listing numbers and help you look more active in the category but having them listed as a multi-variant listing means that stronger performing sizes help boost the less popular sizes as well. Worth thinking about 🙂

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Also the photographs are, I am pretty sure, taken into account when ebay look for duplicate listings, so may be worth your while varying the photos, different colour backgrounds for each size or something like that.

I agree with kazbar, do consider multi variant listings, as you sell more of the combined, you will be higher up the search rankings.

In some items I do both, multi variant listings in one category and single listings in other categories.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks for your replies.

Colleen I do both multi variant and single listings but as I only had random sizes in the undergarments, thought single listings would be more suitable.

I read the duplicate fixed price listings guidelines and am still not 100% sure it was a duplicate listing. I thought cup size could be classed as different.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

A duplicate listing means the SAME item listed twice. Picture tells a story when listing. DONT use the same picture for two items. The photo should be for the actual item you intend to sell. If you have two indentical items then take two pictures, as suggested different background or different angle.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

This is what a duplicate listing looks like. Search for this:

CLASSIC  COLLECTORS  A  MODEL  FORD  1929

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

It is a while since I read the dup listing policy but from memory there have to be at least two differences so if you listed the same colour with the only difference being the size then it would be classed as duplicated.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I read and reread the duplicate listing policy and decided that perhaps it was a duplicate listing.

Went into to change my listings but there are 1000's  that are identical to mine with just the different size in the title.

I give up.  :_|

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Gympie, your listings:

6 PIECE GREY/CREAM QUEEN DOONA/QUILT COVER SET+EUROs+CUSHION ATTIKA

and the king size set ARE duplicate listings. Only one word change in title makes it a duplicate. You even use the same photo.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

bsal6160

If you go thru my listings you will find a number of these.

They are totally different sizes

It is allowed:-)

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply