eBay Managed Payments Email Notifs: MESS

Four sales since I was put on to MPs:

Sale #1: one item, hasn't paid

Sale #2: one item, has paid

Sale #3: 9 items, requested invoice, paid a few hours later

Sale #4: one item, has paid

Basically, the only notification I got that #3 had even happened was because she requested an invoice - I did NOT get the "Your eBay item sold!" emails until she paid.

For the other three, however, I got "Your eBay item sold!" emails immediately ... even though #1 hasn't paid yet. For #3, I got two "Your eBay item sold!" emails 10 minutes apart - the first saying she hadn't paid yet, and a second saying she had. The difference between the two was only apparent when opening the email, because as I said, the subjects were identical.

It's inconsistent and NOT helpful, to be honest. A "payment notification" email of some sort would be extremely helpful. Likewise, it isn't super helpful to only tell me someone has committed to buy multiple items when they pay ... some people commit to buy and don't request an invoice, they just wait for me to send it to them.

Obviously, any issues with this can be solved by the seller simply checking their hub, but I feel like, because the "Your eBay item sold!" emails are essentially back-to-front from the old system, many sellers will be tripped up by this.

It's also confusing that, in the Payments tab, it says "processing" for payments when the buyer has actually paid ... what that means is that the funds are being processed to go into your account, NOT that the payment is processing. The payment by the buyer has been made and the orders are awaiting postage.

MESS.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Well seeing I am getting them okay, I don't reckon it's an ebay problem.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Same here.

One from eBay and one from Paypal for every sale.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Mine are only coming from Paypal. I haven't changed anything. Obviously working for some and not others. 

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Yes, we're also only getting the Paypal notifications and not those from eBay.

Until yesterday we were getting both, and have not changed anything.

It's happened in the past, but not usually for this long a period.
Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

I have never relied on emails to tell me if something is sold or paid. I log into eBay for that information. That is the only reliable source as far as I am concerned.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Emails are a good first notification, especially if you have several selling accounts.

You can then log on to the relevant eBay account to check details.
Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

it was Freaky Friday yesterday??
Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

That's what we thought, but it's continuing today.

Stuff-up Saturday anyone?
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply