eBay & seperate online store query

I have an eBay store but am in the process of opening a website for my business.  Does anyone have an eBay store and an online store and if so can they be linked?  Also more importantly how do you keep track of inventory with two sites for sales?  I am wanting to know what is the best software for an online business that links more than one site and deducts stock as it is sold.  Is there a program that does that?

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers

Sue

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: eBay & seperate online store query

Hi,
I have recently signed up with Highwire.com. I also spent quite a bit of time trying to find a suitable way to list items on eBay and my own site, and keeping track of what's where. Highwire makes it easy. It allows you to synchronise listings between eBay, your own web site, Facebook, and google product search.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Rina
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Hi Rina

Thank you very much for the information.  I will definately check it out

Cheers

Sue

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

You can put a link in your online store, directing your customers to your ebay site (but why would you and pay ebay the fvf?), but you cannot put a link to your online store on your eBay items.

eBay do not allow links to off-ebay selling sites.

[unless of course it is the big bucks advertisers who actually Pay ebay to take our viewers off site to buy !!!!!!!!!!   Smiley Surprised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Hi

We have an ebay store and also have a separate shopify standalone store.  We are also getting a brand new website done to replace the shopify store

You won't be able to put anything in your ebay store to direct them to your standalone web store - ebay wouldn't allow it as it is taking money away from them !!  Fo you have a facebook page for your store ?  You could put something in your ebay store to like you on facebook, and then in your facebook page put the link to your standalone store, and your ebay store

Are you doing your standalone store yourself ?  It's a big job isn't it ?

As far as inventory goes, we have a spreadsheet that we put all our sales in.  We found it easier to make up a s/sheet ourselves than to spend money using a software program.  We capture all of our sales in there - ebay and our own web page.  We manually type in each sale - it doesn't take long.  Basically we have one page for the stock - and as we sell things, we reduce the stock by one, or whatever.  We then have another page for each months sales and expenses.

Hope this helps !

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Not entirely true. I sell electronic components and I am allowed to have a link in my discricption to a site showing information about my product, in my case that would be a Datasheet. I do not have a seperate website to sell through but if I did I could keep all of the datasheets on my website and link to those. That is all I could post about that because I do not have any website other than my eBay store. Below is a link to one of my items that a user would want to view a datasheet for before making a purchase to be sure the specs are correct for their needs, see link below and in discription click "Datasheet" link. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-POWER-TRENDS-DC-DC-Converter-Horizontal-PT5027A-8-0V-PT5020-Series-/271...

Happy Holidays to All!

George

GAF Electronics

http://stores.ebay.com/gafelectronics

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@heartfeltinspirations2014 wrote:

I have an eBay store but am in the process of opening a website for my business.  Does anyone have an eBay store and an online store and if so can they be linked?  Also more importantly how do you keep track of inventory with two sites for sales?  I am wanting to know what is the best software for an online business that links more than one site and deducts stock as it is sold.  Is there a program that does that?

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers

Sue

Stores have different policies than non-stores do..

There is a whole lot of links that you CAN put in your eBay store front (listings links have different policies too)  HOWEVER it is a bit tricky and under tight "restrictions" so my advice is that you need to read the policy from end to end. 

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/listing-links.html

Worth doing your homework and shopping around for web based programs for stock control across multiple sites  - there are an increasing range of products on the market.  

My suggestion is to use any free trials to experiment to pinpoint what works for you best.

If you sign up to a program without taking it for a spin first it can be a time consuming exercise after the event to shift stock on and off, better to research and trial  and time is money Cat Happy.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

You could try bigcommerce, I use them for my webstore. They have the ability to link your eBay listings to your site so you can list on the website and straight to eBay. Haven't used this feature yet, as I have only just switched over from Shopify, who I don't recommend. But I hear good things. 🙂

Good luck

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

It would be interesting to know if the OP ended up getting something sorted out. 15 months would give a good idea if something has worked for them or not.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Not sure who or when but I have seen a lot of sellers putting their website addy in the description of whatever item - would love to try that myself but am too chicken - cluck cluck lol

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply