eBay competitors copy my listing description

I have been selling on eBay for more than 5 years. I put in a lot of efforts writing good descriptions and taking good pictures. Now I have noticed some eBay competitors (all based in Sydney regents park) copied my listings descriptions word by word. I suspect they may come from a same person or a same company, but there are at least 10 of listings created copying my listings. I am just wondering if eBay is going to going to do anything about this. It is just frustrating that how someone simply copies all your work and get the sales. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You would need to ask eBay for the (eBay scripted) answer

Or read the relevant info on copying listing

And 'Regents Park'  if you click on the seller's feedback, dollars to donuts they are registered in China 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Happens to me all the time.  It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Ebay actively encourage listing theft to make it easier for smaller, lazier sellers to leech off sellers that invest either the time or money into systems.

I don't really care about them copying my listings aside from the fact that these listings now masquerade as my listings, potentially siphoning sales away and causing branding issues if those scummy sellers deliver a poor experience and the buyer mistakes it for me.

So yeah Ebay aren't going to change it.  

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply