eBay directing PayPal to hold funds again?

Hi, 

So I'm a new seller.  After almost loosing the will to live working out how I can have multiple "variations", our as most people seem to use it, multiple items, in your listing, I'm up and running and selling and.....

eBay have directed us to hold your funds for up to 21 days..... love PayPal 

ok (well not really)

So, after a bit of an explore, Ive now lodged the items as sent, provided a tracking number for my courier (Sendle) and apparently I can have the money 24 hours AFTER eBay somehow miraculously get confirmation from my courier, who has NOTHING TO DO WITH EBAY, that they have delivered a private parcel from me, to my customer. 

How exactly does eBay expect to get this notification? Is it up to me to trust that the customer isn't going to try and scam me and say they never got the parcel? 

Not happy Jan

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@scott_fyb_bolt_kits,

The 21-day hold can be frustrating. eBay justify it on the basis of preventing fraud by newly created accounts or hjijacked accounts that have been dormant for a while, and so on.

You should have a tracking number that you can upload. From eBay's Help page on Tracking items you've sold:

How to add tracking details

You can upload tracking information from virtually any carrier. We recommend you copy and paste tracking numbers directly from your carrier's website to avoid typos or missing digits.

To add tracking details in Seller Hub:

1. Go to the Awaiting postage section of the Orders tab.
  2. Tick the Actions box beside the item you posted.
  3. From the drop-down menu, select Add tracking number.
  4. Enter the tracking details and the name of the carrier.
  5. Select Save.

To add tracking details in My eBay Selling:

1. Go to the Selling overview section.
  2. Find the item you posted.
  3. From the drop-down menu, select Add tracking number.
  4. Enter the tracking details and the name of the carrier.
  5. Select Save.❞

I hope that helps.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Spit - sorry - wrong thread

cat-3602557_960_720.jpg

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply