eBay is such a joke! Account being deducted for sold item fees!

My god eBay are a horrible company to attempt to deal with.

I’m on this managed payments system. I’ve sold two items. The fees for those items are in my account, and today I get told that $150 will be deducted from my bank account! Yet the item payments buyers have made are nowhere to be found.

The incompetency staggers belief.

So, if you sell something, you have to pay the fees within three days.

I request a call back and got the most useless person who kept saying “I’ll put you on hold, just two minutes” three times before I lost my patience and asked for the call to be escalated.

He then put me on hold again and then the call ended.

You call their contact centre in Australia s there is no way to talk to anyone. It’s just a message going over how to go thru help articles.

I called ebays office in Sydney and the option to talk to reception goes to an empty voicemail and the call is terminated.

How can a company of this size justify such poor service? I can’t get my head around how dodgy a company they are.
Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Perhaps the fees are for the phone you sold twice in January... idk... were you on managed payments then?

Why did you find that not being paid was a positive experience?

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

The fees are definately for their weekend sales, perhaps that's the reason the fees will be taken within 3 days so as to give processing time for the funds from the sales to come through?

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Don't let fear hold you back... post the charming pm you sent me on here.

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

Sounds like the OP is a little TSFE Smiley Wink

I have too say though, no other company registered to trade in Australia (and eBay are trading in Au as they pay GST) would be allowed to be (almost) totally uncontactable by anyone.

And I don't count the bot responders at live chat, nor do I accept the COVID excuse, as most other 'phone cantact' rep's at Help Sites were simply asked to work from home.

Doesn't bother me, but it is pretty poor.

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

In defense....the ebay phone centre is in the Philippines and apparently most of the employees would not be in the position to work from home.

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

they've had almost a year to change that....and have chosen not to....I suspect it could be permanent
Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

They probably only pay them $1 an hour so their homes probably don't have the infrastructure to support VoIP phones most places use when working from home.
Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

I suppose, but again how wrong is that ?

If the only contact is in a country that can not provide at least AUstralian business hours assistance, maybe eBay need to fork out a pittance from the billions they make and open a call centre here.

I am a pretty savvy buyer, know my way around, but plenty don't and sellers for one (especially during all this Managed Pmt stuff) would feel alot more secure being able to speak to some one REAL with some knowledge of how things will  work, or at least knowing that help is there if they need it.

Just my opinion, but eBay seems happy to rake in the fee's but provide nothing but a platform.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply