eBay rejects Western Union Man as a CD song

eBay has long irritated me by rejecting Western Union as a song title on a record or CD. I never provide the company of the same name as a method of payment, the offending vwords are always in the track listing. I am forced to replace most of the letters with x's. Surely eBay's algorithms can be made more sophisticated so the only look for Western Union in the methods of payment section?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@purplemon18 wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

It's a track title though, so it shouldn't affect search or visibiity unless someone searches for that while including the description. 

If eBay have the CD in their catalogue, though, surely the track listing would be accurate (or would they censor themseves I wonder... Probably Smiley LOL ). 

Unsurprisingly, ebay's CD database is not great. I've had to do about 1/2 a dozen refunds for errors that were not spotted when we listed the item. Most often it says that the item is a 2 cd set when it only has 1 disc.

That's what happens if you rely on eBay's catalogue.

Something I would never do, but I sell used books.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

That's what happens if you rely on eBay's catalogue.

Something I would never do, but I sell used books.

Yeah, I don't do much of the listing and my partner is bloody lazy. I'll fight that battle after a win a few others. I only just won the battle of taking more photos Smiley Frustrated

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Yes not too sophisticated.  I listed something that contained the words "... box bone china ..." and up flashed a warning about selling ivory or somesuch.  it took me a while to realise that the system had conflated the two words and come up with 'ox bone' .

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply