eBay's "Fast N Free" estimation causes lots of confusion

my seller ID is a top seller.

ebay somehow automatically put a badge "fast N free" on all my listings and suggest items can be delivery in 2 working days.

lately buyers keep complaining items arrived late.

my free postage items are for regular shipping only (1-5 days), I do have express option but that costs extra.

today I have a buyer going extreme. he purchased an item for $13 including postage on Saturday. it's Wednesday today and he's totally pissed off. he says he does not care whose mistake it is but the listing shows he can get it on or before Tuesday.

Australia post picked up on Monday and it's  impossible to deliver on Tuesday for  interstate with regular postage...

I know It's worthless arguing with this kind of as*****. so to save time I just issued a full refund and he shut up.

the problem is ... how to avoid this happening again? 

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I still don't understand why things take so long from one side of the country to another.

I suspect because they go by road, and the B-Double doesn't leave until it's full.

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

Hi do you offer free postage with your listings . Is that why you got the fast n free or because you are top seller ???/

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

The as****** here is not the customer(s) but instead those running things at Australia Post

. Do not promise what you canot deliver.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

You have dragged up a nearly 5 year old thread to add what????   Absolutley nothing of value.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

jofis-173
Community Member
well I am waiting still over a week and if it comes after Christmas it's going back I want a refund
Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

And this has something to do with a dead thread in 'selling' how?

If you have an issue with something you bought from gizmo, then you need to communicate with gizmo. If you have a problem with something you bought from another seller, you need to communicate with that seller.

The boards are for members to obtain help from other members, generally of a generic nature.

We cannot provide advice on specific transactions without a lot more information than you have provided, and I suggest you try my suggestions before doing so. At which time, you start a new thread, not resurrect an old one that has nothing to do with your perceived issue.

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

pedecia
Community Member

Most of all did he send the item back once he got it late?

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

@pedecia wrote:

Most of all did he send the item back once he got it late?

Does it really matter, SIX AND A HALF YEARS later?

Do you think gizmo would even remember?

Gizmo hasn't sold anything in a very long time, and hasn't logged onto the boards since December 2016, so you will likely be waiting a while for an answer from them.

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply