eBay spam

Im constantly getting  messages from eBay about promoting my items but they, eBay don't disclose the costs.... is this a scam within eBay?

SG  

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

eBay spam

I haven't sold for years but I just looked up the selling help guide as usually fees are pretty straight forward if you look at the information pages.

What I noticed is the fee for promoted listings can vary. The seller seems to decide the % rate.

That is probably why you weren't shown a definite price.

Promoted Listings Standard | eBay

It seems the higher % you choose, the more 'promoted' it will be. Probably worth having a read to see if it would suit your items or not.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

eBay spam

The cost is a percentage, not a fixed amount, so they cannot tell you what the fee is as it is based on the selling price of the item.

There is a recommended rate depending on which category the item is in, but you can adjust it up or down, so it's entirely up to you how much you want to spend.

If you go into edit any of your listings and look after the postage section, you will see a Promotion section. For me, this comes up as about 8%, but I can change it to whatever I want. I use it for some of my listings - mainly those which are a bit older and I want to try and move the items a bit quicker.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply