eBay suddenly deducted a sum of money from me

dcya04
Community Member

eBay suddenly deducted a sum of money from me截屏2021-04-11 下午4.44.46.pngI don't understand why my money was deducted. It's just that my friends want to buy my things and want to pay through eBay. Is this charge periodic? I do not know what to do? How can I get my money back and cancel this policy.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It does not matter 'who' buys your items

If you want to sell to your friends, do so in person

If you sell on Bay then you need to pay the fees involved, like everyone else

You can't get your money back or 'cancel' the policy 

You sold a bag $1600 and have to pay the fees for that

It was not 'suddenly' deducted , it was deducted in your monthly invoice that all sellers get

You will be charged fees on each and every item you sell

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

it would seem that you think eBay is a free service. It isn't, as sandy noted.

Maybe you are trying to build up feedback by selling through eBay. Expensive with $1600 items.

Maybe sell to your friends for cash, or don't sell on eBay, or read the eBay T&Cs for selling, or admit that you didn't take a $174 hit for selling to a friend, because there was no friend.

I very much doubt that a friend would insist, or even contemplate, buying from a friend on eBay. Unless your definition of friend is different to the vast majority of people.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

the fee for selling is 9.9%

You will pay GST on this fee, which means the total fee payable is 9.9 + 0.99 = 10.89%

10.89% of $1,600 is $174.24

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

You sold a $1600 bag, eBay fees are roughly 12% of the total sale (including GST).

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply