eBay to Institute New Managed Payment Fee in US on Oct 1 - 25c PER LISTING in combined orders!

Mon July 15 2019 23:40:48

eBay to Institute New Managed Payment Fee on October 1

By: Ina Steiner (Ecommerce Bytes)

"If two items are purchased from you for a single listing, one payment listing fee is charged of $0.25. If two items are purchased from you from different listings, two payment listing fees are charged of $0.25."

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2019/7/1563248448.html

Discussion boards in US are alight.....

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

eBay to Institute New Managed Payment Fee in US on Oct 1 - 25c PER LISTING in combined orders!

....time to start listing in bulk lots 😞
Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

The heck? Smiley Surprised

I hope this is some kind of mistake - literally no other payment service does this with their flagfall. Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

Thanks, I figured it was what's been announced, but I'm hoping it's going to be one of those things eBay backpedals on because that's seriously unfair to charge multiple service fees for one service provided. 

The flagfall saving on payments for multiple items is how I manage my flat rate postage offer, so if this does come to pass, it's really going to affect things for me. 😞

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

....and my items are so cheap, that I encourage buyers to bid over a 2 week period (regular customers tend to purchase multiple kilos)....that's really gonna cost me.

At least we have some time on our side here in Oz to come up with new listing practices
Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

did you watch youtube (from the link) in US message boards?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY8Q26HigHk
Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

I played it, but stopped it about 3/4 through to do something else. 

I just don't understand how they think this is a good idea - all it does it create a bigger price gap between the pricing I can offer on eBay and my own website. It's so easy these days for business sellers to maintain multiple channels including a website, and such sellers together would represent a decent chunk of eBay's revenue, even if individually they're not a patch on some of their big names, so this stuff just makes it more attractive for buyers to look elsewhere for many items. Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

I believe US sellers have different listing terms than here so I'm hoping we get a different version of their payments system.

25c on each item is ridiculous. I stopped selling on etsy because their insertion on every item sold (including multiples of the same item) killed my profit and it just wasn't worth it. I'd imagine a lot of sellers will develop their sales on other sites if this happens.

However they do it, I hope they don't force it on us for a while yet!
Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

I thought I'd check out AZ Aust (again), as they also manage payments themselves.

For media, $49.95pm + GST, plus $1 + 15% of total price per sale. If you need to refund, they keep the $1 + 80% of the 15%.

For most of my stuff, that's is way more expensive than eBay, even using the US percentages.

Which means the main rival, especially if you tie your stock up in a Fulfilment Centre (more cost), charges more.

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply