eBays New Sold Message

gec2002
Community Member

I know I shouldn't sweat the small things and it's hardly the end of the world.  But, have you noticed how eBay has now changed the Sold email message from:

Your eBay item sold! Don't let little things annoy you Free Post (6666666666666)

to

Your eBay item sold!

No longer can I just look at my emails and have a quick idea what I have sold, now I have to either open eBay or each message!!!

Tenir les barricades. This means war, what's next:- fees on postage, wanting to manage our money.  It must stop!

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

eBays New Sold Message

Are you sure?    I have a message "your item sold"  (which means it has not been paid for yet)  and i can see the item lower down on the email.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

eBays New Sold Message

No wait, I see what you mean:  previously the item was in the subject line - so you didn't have to open the message. 

but if the buyer has paid - you get the full subject line.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

eBays New Sold Message

@curraone wrote:

No wait, I see what you mean:  previously the item was in the subject line - so you didn't have to open the message. 

but if the buyer has paid - you get the full subject line.

Are you on Managed Payments?

I am still on Paypal the last 5 items I sold on Friday only have the short new message, those sold earlier in the day the full message.  All have been paid for via Paypal. 

Either that or its a Friday thing.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

eBays New Sold Message

Yes I am on MP.

Look at it this way, this time next month  sold emails wihout subject lines will be the least of your worriesSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

eBays New Sold Message

Yes I can hardly wait.  Mind, I had a very unpleasant experience with Paypal when they put a hold on my funds while in the middle of the COVID crisis in Melbourne.  It took just on a month to get the funds released and nearly sent us to the wall.  So they're both as bad as each other.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

eBays New Sold Message

My last sale from the 19th, still has it listed in payments as payment sent, but has not gone into

our bank account, and its still listed as payment sent, not complete like previous transfers that

we have received into out bank account.

Worse yet, 3 more sales from 25th are still listed as processing.

1 had a sold message and customer has paid via ebay email item has sold.

The last 2 later in that day had buyer has not paid, wait until paid before shipping,

but elsewhere it has a ship by 1st march listed on it and buyer has paid....

Last 4 sales since 19th have not gone into our bank account.

We are owed $1100. Lucky we only shipped the item from the 19th so far.

But now looking at delayed shipping and neg feedbacks if we protect

ourselves. With no recourse.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

eBays New Sold Message

Same here, they have removed the Item Description from the subject line in the email so you have no idea which item sold...

It was very handy to simply scroll down the subject column to search for the sale you needed to find. Just another annoying eBay 'enhancement' to make your life harder and annoying.
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

eBays New Sold Message

As a buyer I find the PayPal payment notifications that begin with "You have authorised a payment to eBay...' to be extremely annoying as they don't list what the payment is for. This is very inadequate when I come to filing the messages once my item has arrived.  It makes them difficult to link with the other messages if I've bought several items on the same day.

Perhaps sellers can explain why some PayPal notifications do list the seller and some only mention eBay.

I don't see why the item can't be mentioned in the notification as it is in others.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

eBays New Sold Message

joz15au
Community Member
If the seller has been transitioned to managed payments the PayPal payment doesn't go directly to the seller so guessing they are the ones showing eBay. If on MP the seller doesn't know how they buyer has paid.
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply